Tipped Uterus-pg110778523329

13 Replies
Amy - February 7

I have a tipped uterus. How will this affect my pregnancy and delivery? I'm just 4 weeks. :) I'm also 4'11 1/2" tall and just 102 lbs. Anyone else this small? Problems?

tiffani - February 7

Amy~ I also have a tipped or as my OB calls it, a "leaning" uterus. It didn't have any impact on either of my pregnancies. It's actually more common than you think. As far as your size, that's not a problem either, smaller women tend to have smaller babies, and vice-versa.

eyebeeablessing2u - February 7

It may just affect how you have an ultrasound and if they will get good view of baby in the first few weeks. I also have tilted uterus and could only have a v____al ultrasound up until 13 weeks.

K - February 7

My doctor called it a tilted uterus!

sarah - April 26

i have a tipped uterus trying to get pregnant

sarah - April 26

can you get pregnant with a tipped uterus

chel - April 26

I don't have one but the last time I was at the doctor the nurse had a hard time finding the heartbeat. She asked me if I had a tilted uterus because that could affect being able to hear the heartbeat.

sue - May 5

doctor said it hard to get pregnant with a tipped uterus is that true someone help

sue - May 5

what the best way to have s_x when trying to get pregnant with a tipped uterus

Justine - May 5

Sue - Your doctor is incorrect. A tilted or retroverted uterus affects 20% of women (incl. me) and has no effect on your ability to get pregnant. Occa__sionally a uterus can be tilted due to endometrosis and this can affect your ability to get pregnant. Symptoms of this are very painful periods and a scan can tell if you have this or not.

Lynn - May 5

Some women do have some trouble getting pregnant with a tipped uterus..It really depends on HOW tilted it really is. usually your cervix is pointed directl down, but when you have a tipped uterus, your cervix can be pointe directly down, can be pointed towards your back a little or can be pointed towards your front a little. If it is pointd towards your front, then when you are flat on your back there's a little spot behind the cervix where sperm can pool up & not be able to enter the cervix & make their way to the egg. Having your partner pull out a little before ejaculation or trying it with the man behind you or try laying on your stomach after instead of on your back w/hips up. This is my situation, my husband & tried for several months to get pregnant with the thought that a tipped uterus doesn't impede fertility & then I found this info, tried laying on my stomach after s_x & got pg that month. Good luck!

R - May 5

Well...my sister-in-law has a tilted uterus and it took about 7 1/2 yrs for she and her husband to have their first born...but after that she got pregnant easier and now has two beautiful children.

sue - May 16

i have a tipped uterus i came on my period but i miss the next mouth what going on with my period

betty - May 16

tipped uterus

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?