Tubes Tied-pg113535420918

3 Replies
vanessa - December 23

I had my tubes tied 7 months ago but i have been having signs of being pregnant but i took a pregnancy test and it came back negative. my period was 3 days late this month but it came and it lasted for 5 days could i still be pregnant?

Doubt It - December 23

No.

Been There - December 23

It sounds like as long as your period came on, you're not pregnant. But you do still have to watch for late periods, it is still possible to get pregnant with your tubes tied, although the chances are very slim. I know because I know people it has happened to.

Jbear - December 23

I was in the same situation this month, had my tubes tied 4 months ago though. I've been reading about the chances of pregnancy after a tubal ligation...there are different methods of performing the surgery, with different chances of pregnancy afterwards. Overall, of 1000 women who have their tubes tied, 18 will become pregnant within 10 years. A third of those (so 6 out of 1000) will have an ectopic pregnancy. Your odds of becoming pregnant after a tubal are higher if it's done during a c-section or if you were under 30 when it was done. I'm not the luckiest person in the world, so I'm going to strongly urge my husband to get a vasectomy too.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?