Twins -pg115207048118

2 Replies
oliveriogirl - July 4

i would like to know my chances on having twins. On my mothers side we have twins, i think aunts and great neices or something. And on the fathers side it runs on both his moms and fathers side and theres lots. This is my 5th pregnacy and im huge for 13 weeks and i want to know my chances. Please help

sophandbob - July 5

I would say that the chance are higher than normal, seeing as they are on your mothers side. Don't think twins have much to do with the father, seeing as it depends on if you produce 2 eggs or if one egg splits. There are other factors too. Older mums are more prone to twins, as they are more likely to produce 2 eggs, plus if you have had 4 or more pregnancies I think the chances go up. Woluld you be pleased to have twins? Good luck!

mommy2idtwingirls - July 5

Your chances of having twin increase if they run on YOUR side of the family. The only people it will effect with twins running on the fathers side is the children.. They "say" they dont know what causes identical twins but a theory that a few mother of multiples in a group im in think it may have to do with the male since there are men with identical twins with more than one woman?! But, I dont think just because you think you are huge means your having twins. Ive heard you get bigger with the more pregnancies you have since your uterus is already large! so if this is your 5th pregnancy then that could be it. Dont get me wrong it could be multiples. I just hate for you to get your hopes up and then get dissapointed. (just so you know, with my first pegnancy, which was twins, I didnt actually measure larger than a singleton pregnancy will after 20wks.) Good Luck with everything though!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion