Ultra Sound-pg115135533018

2 Replies
kebs - June 26

Does an ultra sound give you the exact amount of weeks you are at the time of the ultra sound or does the person doing the ultra sound plug in your last menstrual cycle and calculate it that way. I can't remember if I was asked that questions or not but I know the topic came up. I’m asking because after my ultra sound I was told my due date was 11/20/2006 and before I had an ultra sound my doctor told me 11/21/2006. There both very close and if the ultra sound calculated that with out knowing my last menstrual then that's amazing. It maybe a stupid question. But never the least a question thanks for any input

snugglybugglys - June 26

The ultra sound due dates can be off about 2 weeks give or take, and in either direction. I am absolutly positive of when I ovulated, I had implantation craming at 7 DPO, and tested at 10 DPO. So at my first appt, with my dates of LMP I was almost 10 weeks. The US dates showed me only being 8 weeks...which was impossible. Anyway, with all 4 of my pregnancies my dates were different from US due date. And for how they estimate the due date with the US, is they measure the baby, your uterus, and something else...and they combine the totals, and that is what gives the due date. Good luck! :)

sophandbob - June 26

The ultasound dates are created through the measuring of the baby. There tends to be a 2 week difference between LMP dates and ultrasound dates. I think this is because there is that 2 week period from when the egg is ovulated, fertilised and the travels to the uterus that is included in the LMP. Ultrasound dates don't take this into consideration.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion