Ultrasound-pg109942391155

10 Replies
k - November 2

I don't know if anyone would know anything about this.. But I am 37 wks along and I have only had one ultrasound at 18 wks. I REALLY want to get one of those 4d ones.I think it would be very reassuring to see my baby that well and know everything is ok..as I have had extreme anxiety over the baby's health for the whole pregnancy. I had earlier asked my doctor for a 2nd ultrasound and she told me they only do one unless there are complications or reasons to be concerned. I was wondering,.. If anyone knows if I'd be able to get a 4d ultrasound, not through my doctor. Normally, I would be covered under insurance for these procedures, but since it is not doctor recommended I realize I will have to pay.I just don't know who I would go about asking to have one done..

Dez - November 2

Do an online search for 4d ultrasounds and it will help you find a place in your area to have one done, plus give you all the information, and even some will give you a list of prices. well now im 38 weeks and they had to give me an ultrasound today because the babies head is so low that just feeling for it they couldnt tell if she was still head down. but everything went good her head was down, but this ultrasound wasnt like my other ones, it went very quickly, just to make sure everything was ok, nothing for my entertainment. But it was kinda cool to see her heartbeating, it always makes me cry for some reason, lol. Good luck in finding a place to do the 4d, I hope you can get in before you have the baby. did you find out the s_x of your baby at your first one?

Dez - November 2

Go to www.4d-ultrasounds.com to find a 4D ultrasound provider in the US, and Canada United States

K - November 2

thanks Dez. I tried looking up some sites and even calling around some places but no luck,.. they seem to not be offered here unless it is necessary..I guess ultrasound time is precious. I do not know the s_x of my baby. but I am so close to my due date that I want it to be a surprise.I just really worry about the baby being healthy and would love to be able to have a more detailed ultrasound.

k - November 2

I checked out the site..no providers anywhere remotely near where I live.. Maybe for my next baby I guess. lol I am just really anxious because before i knew I was pregnant (found out at 7 wks) I drank quite a bit. Like I'd say every weekend maybe or close to it..and at least 5 drinks probably..which is considered heavy drinking..

angel_one - November 2

k - does your doc know about the drinking? if so then by the sounds of it she isnt too concerned, and thus maybe everything is fine. and ok so what will the 4d u/s be able to show you that the normal u/s does?? and (i got to stop thinking of new stuff!!) wouldnt the u/s at 18 weeks have shown you (doc) if there were any drinking related problems to the baby?? all i know on the u/s side of things is that our (australia) public health dept, gives on standard u/s per pg, unless complications occur for free(medicare pays), any thing other than that the doc must fill out the request form and we have to pay the difference of wnat medicare doesnt pay, i learnt this the hard way!!, when trying to confirm dates had to have a u/s that cost us. i think your best bet is to tell your doc your concerns, and if she says everythings fine, then just wait out the next 3 weeks and you will see your beautifull baby and confirm everything is fine!!

k - November 2

Yeah I have told her about the drinking..She knows I am a nervous wreck about it. I'm not sure what more the 4d ultrasound would show, I just know it is more detailed and they can tell more things.yeah medicare only pays for one here too, and they will only give one unless they have reason to request another. but in the US there are many private clinics you can go to to get a 4d one for fun (you have to pay tho of course), none here yet tho :(

k - November 2

Are the 2d ultrasounds done at 18 wks acurate with dates?? (altho I spose if my date differed anymore than a couple of wks I would have had the baby by now lol)

k - November 2

Also I'm thinking if my dates were off significantly the doctor would have noticed something by now

angrl-one - November 3

k - by now the doc can measure your belly (cant remember the right name for it)and the size usually is the same as the number of weeks pg you are!

k - November 3

yeah I know, I am always measuring right on so I guess I am good

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?