Ultrasound-pg111322992018

7 Replies
Carol - April 11

I go for my firsr ultrasound today. The thing is they never told me if it would a regular u/s or a transva___al. They also never said anything about drinking a lot of water before I get there. Do you think that I need to go ahead and drink a bunch of water?

Mindy - April 11

i wouldn't worry about it.....how far along r u? with this one or my first pregnancy i have never had to drink more than usual to get a good pic....even when they've done internal u/s....so i wouldn't think it was necessary...good luck

Leahp - April 11

Yes, I was wondering the same thing, but also what they look for in the baby during a 20 week u/s besides the s_x, because ultimately I just want to hear that my baby is healthy and normal, could anybody shed some light for me???

Billie - April 11

When I went for my 20 week u/s, the doctor took measurements of the baby and his weight. They also checked for any abnormalities like spinal bifida and cleft lip etc. For me, they started at the head and worked there way down to the feet looking for anything abnormal. then at the very end, she told us the s_x.

Mindy - April 11

that is main reason for your 20 u/s...they're making sure everything is normal....so good luck to you and i hope all turns out well

Lovely - April 11

If you are going for an u/s, you need to drink 4 cups of water, ONE HOUR PRIOR to your appt time. If it's transv____al, they will tell you to go pee, although they usually only do transv- if you are less than 10 weeks pregnant. You will be uncomfortable with how bad you have to pee, and that's good. The fuller your bladder, the better the picture. Good luck!

Carol - April 11

Thanks ladies! I am only 8 weeks, but because I have cysts they want to make sure everything is okay. I have only ever had transv____al - I kind of don't want this one this time as my DH will be there and I am a little uncomfortable with it

Lovely - April 11

Don't worry. The tech usually doesn't want to see your 'goods' either, so they have a sheet over your legs and they go under it. Drink the water anyway! They'll let you know if it's needed or not. Better to be extra prepared, than under!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?