Ultrasounds-pg112862377618

10 Replies
Tan - October 6

Jeepers...why does it take so long to get an ultrasound appointment? I went to the dr's on September 21st and the Dr. confirmed that I was pregnant. He said I should book an ultrasound appointment for dating, so I did. But my appointment isn't until the 14th of October. I've waited 2 weeks now and it is just killing me!! I want to know how pregnant I am. I went off the pill and then never got my period again after that, but my system was all screwed up so we have no idea when I actually conceived. The first day of my last period was July 21st, I had blood work on August 25th and was not pregnant by then. Any guesses on how pregnant I am?

r - October 6

my doctor's office has the sono stuff right there and I got mine done at my very first appt. maybe you should find a doc that has their own stuff if possible as far as know how far pregnant you not a clue hon just gonna have to wait

... - October 6

I'd say anywhere from about 6 to 8 weeks. It's probably a good thing you are having to wait so long to get the u/s, sometimes you can't see anything in the sac at around 5 weeks, and sometimes even 6 weeks, so that might cause you some unnecessary heartache if you aren't very far along yet....by going the 14th, you should be far enough along to where they can see something. Do you know what your first hcg count was? I'd say you conceived somewhere between the 26th of Aug. and the 12th of Sept....congrats!

Christina - October 6

I didn't get my ultrasound until I was about 18 weeks. If your last period was July 21st then I would say you are probably about 11 weeks, BUT that just depends on when you ovulated and stuff like that. And since your period was all screwed up it is hard to tell. You need to call your Dr and tell them that you don't know when you conceived because your period was not regular and they should give you an ultrasound right away. That way they can date the pregnancy. If they won't do it then I would find a different Dr that will do it right away because the earliest ultrasounds are the most accurate.

. - October 6

i am 14 weeks now and i wont have my first sono for about another 4-6 weeks atleast thats what the doc said!

Tan - October 6

Thanks ladies. Also a little hint if it helps, I had implantation bleeding on September 7th and 9th. Do you think it is best to say that I probably conceived the very day after having blood work done on August 25th?

Christina - October 6

I guess since you had implantation bleeding that late then you are probably not as far along as I thought. What was your hcg level on August 25th?

Tan - October 6

I'm not sure. They didn't tell me, they just told me that I wasn't pregnant. When I went to the dr's on September 21st they did a urine test and said that I was pregnant, but didn't tell me my hcg levels then either.

I - October 6

I wouldn't be able to deal with your dr.s office. when women are pregnant we want answers now, not in 2 months

... - October 6

I think you probably did concieve about the end of August then, if you had IB at that time...that is just my guess. Like I said before, the longer you wait for the u/s the more you can see. By the time you get the u/s if you really did conceive the end of August you should be able to see a baby with a beating heart!! I had my first u/s at 7 wks 6 days, and I saw the little baby with arms and legs and the little heart fluttering away....it was very exciting. My dr. won't even see you until you are 8-10 weeks, they didn't even want me to come in for confirmation! I got to go in at 7 wks 6 days because of scheduling conflicts with my boyfriend, lucky me. It will be here before you know it, the next week will hopefully fly by!

Tan - October 7

I hope you're right about the time flying by. I am so excited!! And we haven't told anybody yet because we are going to wait to see what the ultrasound says, and we may even have a picture then to show our parents. My parents are going to be ecstatic. This will be their first grandchild, and they've been wanting one for years now. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not...haha. Thank you for all of your advise. It's going to be hard this weekend for Thanksgiving in Canada not to tell them then, but I really want to give them more information than what I know now.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?