Urinary Tract Infections-pg113259500118

3 Replies
Julie - November 21

Last week after my hubby and I had s_x, I came down a couple of days later with a horrible UTI. It hurt very bad after i urinated.I didn't go to the doctor for treatment.Today ,I seem to be fine with no problems.My husband still thinks I should get i checked out.I just feel silly going to the doctor if nothing is wrong.What should I do?

Beth - November 21

Okay - but something IS wrong. There's no shame in a uti - people get them all the time, and it doesn't say anything about your character. You should especially get some medication if you're pregnant, because you do not want this to progress to a kidney infection. All the doctor's going to do, is test your urine, and if you do still have an infection, give you a perscription for probably macrodanton. That usually clears it up pretty quick. If you absolutly just won't go, get some over the counter Azos, and drink some cranberry juice....but really it's not a big deal to just get a perscription.

Julie - November 21

Thanks for your response.I will probably end up going just to be safe.Is this common in pregnancy or after s_x?

erin - November 21

UTI's are more common in pregnancy, I think I read somewhere that 10% of pregnant women get them. I had the same symptom and it was actually a yeast infection (or the beginning of one) so I would at least call your doc about it and tell them what's going on.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?