Weight Gain-pg115296413818

2 Replies
Christine73 - July 15

I'am about 6 weeks pregnant. I have already gained about 6 pounds. My eating habits havent changed but I did quit smoking and taking the diet pills I was on. Could that be the reason Im gaining so quickly? Also can I take more B-complex to give me more energy?

AshleyB - July 15

Hi Christine--congrats on quitting smoking, that's the greatest gift you could give your baby. I quit too at about 7wks. What you're probably experiencing is just water weight. With both of my pregnancies I retained a lot of water in the beginning, it's not "true" weight though. As for the b-vitamin, I've heard its ok, but I wouldn't take anything without talking to your doc first. Just make sure you're taking a prenatal vitamin that has enough b in it. If you haven't been to the doc yet, just get an over the counter prenatal vitamin, they're just as good and much easier to take since they're smaller. Good luck and congrats on your pregnancy.

jenniferhanks - July 15

Congrats! My doc recommended a B6 vitamin for my grogginess. I was always so tired! But come second trimester you start to get your energy back. Best of luck :)

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?