What Are The Odds -pg111711108918

3 Replies
Nicole - May 26

I am 50 and a half years old, have had three kids, the last one 18 years ago, do not use bc, and had intercourse once the 25th day of my last cycle. There are absolutely no signs of preg. except no period now for 46 days. Some recent periods have been unusually short (one was 23 days) and some have involved unusually heavy bleeding for 5 or 6 days. Am I pre-menopausal or pregnant?

Christina - May 26

I doubt that you are pregnant since it has been 46 days. I would take a test to ease your mind, but it is doubtful. Although if your periods have been irregular then you never really know when you ovulate. Some women have no pregnancy symptoms at all. I would take a home pregnancy test. Good luck

colleen - May 26

I don't have much knowledge in this area but I would bet that your are probably premenopausal. I know that periods tend to get further and further apart. Why not take a test just for the fun of it. It wouldn't be fun if it were positive I guess, but it would ease your mind. If you're pregnant it should show by now. I also don't suggesttaking a really sensitive test because I read that premenopausal women tend to have a small amount of hcg in their systems, and a really sensitive test might pick that up instead. Try one like ept,fact plus, or clearblue easy instead of one like first response.

Nicole - May 27

Thanks, girls. This morning, after a night of almost despair, I awoke to find....that my period had begun! Colleen is right: 47 days since my last one!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?