What Do I Do -pg116896229353

4 Replies
Karen S - January 16

Okay I need help....My son is 8 months and almost 3 weeks. Everynight for the past 3 weeks he has woken up in the middle of the night screaming (before he was sleeping through the night fine) so I go in and comfort him but he always wants to eat from me:( He fights and fights it but I always give in:( I know I shouldn't do it but it's the only way he will go back to sleep and me too. I have never had to deal with this before cause he slept though the night fine. What is the best way to get him off of nursing in the middle of the night. PLEASE HELP ?

Grandpa Viv - January 16

Is it possible he is having bad dreams and getting the b___st restores his sense of securoty? If I remember right, this is the age when they start with stranger aversion as they realize mom represents security, and nobody else. There's probably a better forum for this question.

Karen S - January 17

Thanks you grandpa Viv! I have put this question on the breatfeeding forum too but I was just asking the people who go on to the general ?'s b/c some of them may not go on to the b___stfeeding forum. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

cindernar - January 17

Does he take a pacifier? THat always worked for me son. Also, have you tried comforting him without talking to him? Rub his back or something just to calm him down. He may eventually get the idea that if I scream, Mommy will be here, but I won't necessarily get what I want. My son used to just melt when I would go into his room and stroke the sides of his face. It always seemed to put him right back to sleep. I don't really have any really great advice. Sorry! Good luck!

cindernar - January 17

Oh, and my mom used to give me a bottle full of water. That was her way of saying, "You can have something to drink, but you're not going to eat in the middle of the night." I don't know how that would fly today. I'm sure someone will come on here and talk about how cruel that is.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?