What Does It Feel Like -pg112361792818

4 Replies
Tigerphoenix - August 9

Ok this may sound like a stupid question but what does labor feel like? This is my first pregnancy so I'm not sure what will happen. I was in the hospital over the weekend (I was very close to fainting in the back of my mother's car so she insited we go) and they said my monitor showed some cramping in my uterus. I told them I didn't feel it. Honestly I thought everything I was feeling was just the little one getting p___sed off at the disc things they put on my stomach (she hates it when they do u/s and dopplers. Always kicks em hehe). Hence my question about what labor feels like. I'm 29 weeks now and going into the home stretch. I know they have kinda been keeping an extra eye on me, too.

Karen - August 9

I am a first time Mommy and not sure either. When I was about 28 weeks are so I started having Braxton Hicks (the uterus praticing for labor ie painless cramping). I not Medical person but I would say it was probably Braxton Hicks.

Tigerphoenix - August 9

Braxton Hicks huh? I'll have to look that up. Thanks for the info.

BBK - August 9

Wow, lots of labor questions today :-) My wife said it felt like she was being stabbed with a spear. In the beginning she could take them, but once that contraction monitor started indicating "40" or "50" (don't know what that means but she could take up to 30), she told me to rush to get the doctor with the meds.

Katharine - August 9

Mine started like menstrual cramps and always originated from the same part of hte abdomen. With the first labor, once I started having the cramps, I "knew" it was labor, as the just continued getting worse. With the second, I had similar cramps for weeks. once actually in labor, again, they got worse. But, always started in the lower abdomen. Some people have htem in other places, though, like their backs.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?