What To Expect-pg112161119618

3 Replies
mandy - July 17

i am in my first pregnancy and i am 9 weeks into it. my OB said that she would not see me till my 10th week. what can I expect to have done in my first three doctors visits? do they always do a pap smear? i am really uncomfortable with va___al examinations.

klm - July 17

Sweetie, I hate to tell you but you are going to be getting a lot of v____al examinatons. Don't worry, they get easier as time goes by. By the end of your pregnancy you won't even care anymore. =)

KH - July 17

http://www.pregnancyweekly.com/caregivers/next_appointment1_8.htm take out dashes but not underscores.

Katharine - July 17

At my first exam, I did have an internal exam, but they didn't do an actual PAP, since I had one a month or two earlier. With my first pregnancy, it seemed like they were "in there" all the time. This time, however, they did the initial exam and I had one last week at 38 weeks (upon request). Otherwise, would not have had another until 39 weeks. Then, weekly until baby gets here. I asked my dr early on what the schedule was going to be for internal exams, just so I would know ahead of time what to expect. Last time, like klm said, I was so used to it, that it didn't bother me in the slightest, which is good for the time in the hospital during labor, when all kinds of people seem to be checking things out. Honestly, though, by the time you deliver, you really won't care what is going where, as long as the baby is coming OUT!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?