Worried-pg110245158764

4 Replies
Jennifer - December 7

I am 11 weeks pregnant and before I knew that I was pregnant I did cocaine two times. I have read some things on it but it doesn't really say anything if you did it when you did not know if you were pregnant. I have not done it since. Do you think there will be anything wrong?

---- - December 8

Like with anything else there is always a possibility that something can go wrong. But there are many others who have used drugs and have had 'normanl' babies. It's a great thing that you have stopped and try not to go back for the rest of your pregnancy and while brest feeding. The harm that cocaine can do to a pregnant woman is that it detaches the placenta and will cause a miscariage. It can also effect the development of the baby. the best thing is to stay away from all drugs even anything over the counter may be harmful. We all take chances in life and do things that we are better off not doing. This site will tell you a little more about cocaine use during pregnancy - early & late - but it also states that it's hard to determine what damages are caused solely by it's use. Good luck! http://www.marchofdimes.com/professionals/681_1169.asp

---- - December 8

http://www.marchofdimes.com/professionals/681_1169.asp

---- - December 8

you'll have to take the dashes out of the url but kepp the underscores.

CM - December 8

I too had this question myself when i learned i was pregnant. After reading virtually everything possible on the subject i learned that there is a slight chance that the cocaine affected your baby but try not to worry too much. From what i've read considering you only did it very early on in pregnancy and stopped when you found out the chances are very slim, so keep it up and your baby will be fine!! Good Luck!!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?