Yeast Infection-pg112977064918

3 Replies
Tara - October 19

I'm about four months pregnant and I have had problems with yeast infections in the past. Now that I'am pregnant i don't know what to treat the yeast infection with. Also i don't know why I keep getting them and its starting to scare me I've gotten tested for HIV and thats not why. I've also changed to only cotton underwear and thats not helping either. What is causing these yeast infections and what can I do to treat it especially now that I'm pregnant.

EM - October 19

I have had 2 YI this pregnancy...my doctor always tells me that Monistat 7 is the best treatment and to put the applicator only halfway up...Apparently the 7 day is more effective than the 3 day and has less of the strong ingredients that can irritate you. I get them a lot too and it is just something that happens to some women in pregnancy (somehow related to the change in insulin maybe). Anyways, be sure you have a YI and not BV which can cause preterm labor. Make sure you doc tests you out to not self-diagnose yourself.

Alex - October 20

what is BV?

tp Alex and Tara - October 20

BV is bacterial vaginitis. It is caused when there is a bacterial imbalance and the symptoms are usually colored discharge, fishy smell down there, burning, etc. Some women don't have all the symptoms though although this is rare. Usually you have some symptoms. But when I went to the doctors for my yeast infection they tested me for BV. I was negative but was told it was good that I came in to get checked out for the burning I was feeling down there. Mine was a yeast infection. TARA, I wanted to tell you to too that acidipholous pills (found in natural foods sections) work well too. Those are the natural bacteria that are found in yogurt which is supposed to help balance yeast.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?