Anemia-pg114494448918

4 Replies
Ginny - April 13

I know this isn't exactly an infant care question, but this was the first place I thought to ask. Since having my baby I have been anemic. Are any of you anemic? If so, what have you done about it?

TRP - April 13

Throughout my whole pregnancy my iron was very low. I was given iron pills to raise it and even though I took them like I was told to, my iron wouldn't go up that much. I lost a lot of blood during the delivery and was given a higher dosed iron pill. After getting out of the hospital, I was told to keep taking the iron pills for a while, until everything got back to normal. It did eventually go back up, but my iron is still always low from time to time and it's very annoying! I think an iron pill, if you're not already prescribed one, would be good for you! Good luck!

Ginny - April 13

Thanks, TRP. I've been eating high-iron cereal, and red meat, but I'm staying lightheaded, so I probably should get some pills. Thanks for your help!

Emy - April 13

I was on Feosol (iron pills) once a day. Worked great!

sara b - April 13

I have a 13 month old and I still take prenatal vitamins due to severe anemia. Dr. said their fine to take just about anytime whether your ttc or pg or not. If your anemia is not severe you may want to try taking prenatal vitamins every other day or every 2 days but ask your dr. first.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?