August Mommies 2007 Part 2

144 Replies
moescrilla - September 21

heres part 2...and guess what.... I just went to check on our girls in the m/c forum, and kathy got her bfp!!! So all the girls we lost in the first tri forum are preggo!!! I'm so happy for all of them!

javidsgirl - September 21

that is fantastic news that all those ladies are blessed with babies agian i hope they will be successful this time. it is amazing how things come full circle

i am having a hard morning i was listening to a cd that my mum gave me and it had the song daddy"s little girl on it and it made me cry becuase it made me think of my dad becuase that was our song becuase it is about a father that was expecting a boy but got a girl instead which was a true story fro him my mum and him were told i was boy only to find out i was a girl . anyways it just made me miss him more. i tried wrinting a letter from to mariam but it has just been so hard i want her to know how much he wanted a another granddaughter and how happy he was when he heard she was a girl. when will it get easier ? to talk about him well enough about that how are you little angles today

*from him to mariam

slackette - September 21

oops I posted to the other site...here is what I posted...

slackette - September 21

Well ladies, Aiden and I had a great night last night. I have been reading the happiest baby on the block, and a friend just loaned me the DVD. I used to swaddle Aiden up until he was about 2 weeks, but then I thought he didn't like it anymore so I stopped. Well thats when the fussiness started. Anyways, yesterday he was so tired during the day but he refused to sleep (this happens all the time with him). So I decided to put him in a swaddler and put him in his crib with his crib toy music thing on, and stuck a pacifier in his mouth. Like Jen I thought this might have last only a few minutes and expected to come back to rescue him but 15 minutes later I walk in and he was completely pa__sed out! He slept for like 2 hours. At night I decided to do swaddle him again and kept him in it all night....he slept for 3.5 hours then 4.5 hours, then 3!! Yay for re-discovering swaddling!!! =

Nerdy_Girl_10242006 - September 21

Well, I was originally a September Mommy but had my daughter in August...so am I now an August Mommy lol

yay for aiden sleeping through the night now if i can just mariam to do the same for more than one night

friendtilthend - September 21

Good morning ladies..... Okay Ethan is still having a major pooping problem. He pretty much poops every time he pees. He is just being b___stfed. Do your lo poop this much? Tanya I am sorry to hear you are feeling down. I am so sorry for your loss. As for getting easier I don't know but my heart goes out to you. Girls I am glad your lo are sleeping better. Those swaddlers are a great investment. Jen .... Our lo's are the same age just 1 hr apart. How big is your lo now? Ethan is an easy 13 lbs. Does he sleep a lot during the day? Ethan still sleeps a lot. At night he goes to be at 10 pm sleeps until 2:30 am then wakes up around 6:30 am again. He has always done great but he still sleeps a lot during the day. Here's another question for you ladies. I am a stay at home mom , I do all the housework, plus 6-8 hrs out of the day I home school my 10 yr old son. Well, I want to get back into shape and I also need some me time. I am finding that is hard to get dh to hold Ethan or watch him for an hour straight. He is not a cranky baby nor does he have colic. Am I wrong for wanting some me time? Just an hour a day to keep me sane. I know he works all day and he is tired, but I need a break too. Am I being unreasonable? Do your dh help you out a lot?

lisa sounds like you are real need of "me" time i think every mummy needs it especaily you sounds like you are a pretty busy mummy. how do you do it

lovestruckjsw - September 21

Lisa, everyone is ent_tled to "me" time. I know my husband works 12 hour days (sometimes longer) and has to be up at 4am on the days he works. So as you would imagine, I get no night time help. When he gets home from work, he's exhausted but we've worked out a routine. He takes Grace and they usually either shower together or he showers and then gives her a bath. While he does this, I throw on my shorts and a tshirt and ipod, and go running. It helps clear my mind and I'm getting rid of those last few pounds and feeling better about my body again. Then I come back, take a nice long hot shower and then start dinner. This whole time, DH plays with her and feeds her and changes her. He helps out when he can and I do understand that he works long days and all, but I NEED my time too. That's just our routine and it works well for us. I always feel so much more refreshed after my run and shower. I think having my "me time" helps me be a better mother and wife. Like I said, everyone should have time to just clear their head. Also, don't ask your husband if he'll watch the baby. Just say, "I'm going for a run and I'll be back in a little while" or "I'm going to take a hot shower" and then hand the baby to him. You should not have to ask... it's his child to.

Krissy25 - September 21

Lisa i can't imagine doing the homeschooling and taking care of an infant. Yes you do deserve some time to yourself plus your dh should want to spend some time with Ethan after not seeing him all day. I was able to get a couple of baby things for Jacquelyn real cheap today at a department store that is closing down. A lot of it was picked through but there were still some things left. NERDY GIRL welcome. I saw a lot of your posts through out your pregnancy so i feel i know a lot about you already. My name is Kristin but go by Krissy. I had a little girl, on Aug. 6th. via c-section (breech baby) she was 8lbs 4 oz and 20.5 in long. You had a girl right? How are things going?

welcome nerdy girl

jen327 - September 21

HI girls. WOW number 2! Welcome Nerdy Girl I actually had my baby in July, he was due Aug 5th, but I lvoe these girls and could not think of leaving. But you are welcome, it is a bunch of great women. Kelly Sean is 23 1/2 inches and 12 lbs. My bestfriends baby is 4 months 13 lbs and 21 inches. I think Sean is going to be tall. Lisa, my DH usually comes home and changes and takes care of Sean while I shower (if I haven't) or I just do something for me. And DH coaches our other son's football team so he is out with him everything from 5:30- 8:30, and when he gets home I give him baby right away while I get dinner on. Then after dinner he cleans (usually) and then he plays with Sean while I help DS1 with his homework, or DH does, just depends. Then I take a bath with Sean and get him ready for bed, I nurse him and DH had been holding him and putting him to sleep but now we are trying just putting him in his bed awake. I go out 1X a week while he takes care of him, and on the weekends, we split the time. We are usually together most of the day, but we share taking care of Sean while the other one cleans. I am a big big believer in 50/50 and since Sean is kinda fussy and likes being held he knows how hard the days can be. I find that when I am out and about during the day, I don't need him to hlep as much. But if I stay home ALL day alone, I need a break. DH has recently been wanting to spend more time with DS1 by having his friends over and tonight he wants to take him to dinner alone and to buy him a video game, just guy time. But I am firm on my wishes that he needs to help. I usually work full time, but I tell him staying home is a FULL time job. When he stayed home one day almost all day alone with Sean and Chris and did the laundry got dinner on and did all baby things, he totally knew and has not complained since. Anyway, I got in to get an appt with the ENT for Wed, she said they will probably snip the skin on his upper lip right there. And we are 3 days straight with no nipple shied so YEAH. Anyone else going to ask the ped to space out MMR shot? I asked ysterday and she said it did not make a difference, but she would if I wanted her to. I said yes. Also, anyone else getting tired of lugging around the infant carrier? Sean is so heavy I just take him out now and put him in the Moby or Bjorn to shop.

jen327 - September 21

Sadly, Stef is having a chemical pregnancy. I feel so bad for her. Please keep her in your prayers as I know she must be so heartbroken. I hope her doctors can find out why this keeps happening, it is not fair at all.

slackette - September 21

Wow, I feel so bad for Steph. This has happened so many times to her. My heart goes out to her. Lisa, Aiden is BF only and poops 9 out of 10 times that I feed him, so about 10 times a day. I think this is normal and then after a while it decreases to like 1x a day or even less. Amanda, its funny how you say don't ask your DH to hold the baby, just give the baby to him. That is exactly how I do it. When DH comes home I just hand him off and say, I need a shower or whatever. He knows better than to question me on my technique!! Jen, I want to space out the MMR vaccine too. I am just too scared about it. Did your doctor tell you how its spaced out? Is it measles one month, mumps the next, and rubella the following month? Or is it more spaced than even that? I guess we have time to plan for that one since it is given at 12-15 months (right?). Also, are all you ladies giving the other infant vaccines on schedule? Is anyone else nervous about that?

friendtilthend - September 21

Thanks ladies.... I am going to try the just giving and not asking. I love my children but I do need some time to just be by myself or with a friend. I just feel like I have to take care of dh too. When I was in the hospital he did it all but clean. He didn't know how I did it, but now I think he forgot how hard it was. I am going to use my elliptical and shower let's see if this works. Wish me luck. I still have a lot of weight to lose. Not to mention my a__s is so huge now. Plus my thunder thighs. I know it takes a while but I want my old body back now. For those of you that have lost your weight already you are lucky. I am older and it is harder. But my b___b look great as long as they are full. lol

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?