August Mommies 2007 Part 4

229 Replies
kelley - October 17

And you, you'll be blessed; You'll have the best; I promise you that; I'll pick a star from the sky; Pull your name from a hat; I promise you that, promise you that, promise you that; You'll be blessed.

kelley - October 17

Hey ladies.... part 3 was getting too long... here is to a great part 4!!!

JessC531 - October 17

Hi girls. Lisa, I am so sorry to hear about your dog. It's so hard to lose a pet. We just put one of our dogs to sleep a few weeks ago. She had been battling cancer for almost 3 years and it was time to give up. :( Krissy, I'm so sorry for the loss of your uncle. I lost my father to lung cancer 3 years ago. It really is an awful thing. I'm thinking of you and your family... Jen, I can't believe those pics aren't professional! They sure do look it! I'm definitely going to have to go get a black cloth like that!!! Tanya, thanks for the story of Mira. :) KB, I'm exclusively b___stfeeding, but stopped bleeding at about 7 weeks pp. I've never heard of bleeding until you stop... I'm now 10 weeks pp and haven't gotten a period. I'm hoping I won't for a loooong time. :) I hope everyone's LOs are feeling better. I think I might be coming down with a cold, so I'm trying really hard not to spread my germs to Mira. Not an easy thing to do though... When I was feeding her earlier she reached up and stuck her hand in my mouth! LOL. Have a good one girls!

JessC531 - October 17

I posted this on the forum, but thought I'd ask you girls too. How long do your LOs go between naps? Mira can stay up for an hour to an hour and a half and then she needs another nap. (Sometimes in the evening she can go longer - mabye 2 to 2 1/2 hours.) Does that sound right for 10 weeks?

kelley - October 17

KIMBERLY, from what I remember Roseola was a lot like that… I thought that she was having an allergic reaction to something. That is what the rash looked like anyway… but it has to have the fever to go with so if she is not running a fever I don’t know what to tell you. Sorry to hear that ds lost his game, maybe next time. TIFFANY where in Minnesota are you from??? I am in Iowa; do you miss the mid-west being in Hawaii??? Wow there must be something in the phase of the moon that is making all these kids sleep… who knows… Jack has been sleeping through the night for the last week and a half… we are talking like between 9 and 11 hours a night… I am not sure how he is doing it, I thought that he would need to eat more than that, but I guess if he were hungry he would be up more. The down side is that he is back to eating about every 3 hours again during the day. I guess that I will have to deal with the trade off for getting a full night sleep. TANYA, sorry to hear that they cycles are messed up again… I have no idea how the mini pill works so I cannot help you with that. I too am going back to the OB a week from Friday. I broke my tailbone during labor and it is still killing me, he wants to see me again… I hope that he can do something about it. KB, Libby had 2 teeth at just over 5 months… I want to say that she was 5 months and a few days old when they popped out. It was a surprise to us, because Molly did not get teeth until she was almost 10 months. As for bleeding I have never heard anything about it. I have b___stfed all of my kids and I never bled past the 6-week mark. No spotting or anything. I have no idea what your OB is talking about. As for pp periods… no sign of one… with both the girls I was like 10 months pp before I had one. That is kind of nice, basically 2 years without a period…YEAH!!! JESS, Jack is the same way… usually about an hour and a half, sometimes more sometimes less during the day, but usually around an hour and a half. At night he can go between 2 and 4 hours, but 4 hours is pushing it, and he is getting real fussy. Okay enough of a novel… I am off to finish lunch.

javidsgirl - October 17

so tiffany you think it is this mini pill if it is maybe i will stop it too i mean this is horrible it is not heavy just spotting but the cramps are like omg take to me to pasture and shoot me and there is no way i am going to have a period every 13 days this just won't dojess mariam is the same schedule most days as mira as far as naps go i am still working on mariam sleeping through the nught we have set a routine as for as a bath goes and bed time but the problem is she will go to sleep wake up after about an hour then she thinks it is party time for about 2 - 2.5 hours before she will go back to sleep and she has been eating so much lately i think she is going through a growth spurt.kelly i feel ya on the tailbone mine got broken too but mine is not healing in the proper postion i have some how got it lop sided so i have see my doc on tues and see what the gyno says will we next she mentioned last time going to chiro but i am not likling the fact of any one pressing on it it hurts like a s.o.b as it is i think mariam is possibly starting to teeth her cheeks have ben red and she wants to chew on things

TiffanyRae - October 17

Tanya...it definitly could be the mini pill. That was definitly my issue. The OB wanted to find me something else for BC but I told him don't bother....we want another one as soon as possible (nuts I know I know) so when it happens it happens! KELLY ~ I am from Northern Minnesota...Fargo/Moorhead area and Brainerd Lakes area. But i thought Kindergarted for two years in Mankato...and while there dated a Guy from Iowa so i spent ALOT of time there! lol I love living in hawaii BUT I miss minnesota SO much! the midwest is home for me and always will be....five more years and we can retire there!! YEAH!!! why is everyone else's LO's sleeping through the night and my little darling wakes up three times still! ARG! :P :P Any advice? I try the cluster feeding adn dream feed and nothing works!!!! I live for his eight am nap...he sleeps for almost four hours during that nap. So its my fault I guess...I have to get him on a better schedule. ok enough blabbering! Oh Jess...I posted on your other post about naps...but Alex is on the same nap intervals as mira. And alex is a week behine mira so I am sure its normal!! Gday all!

kimberly - October 17

Krissy, I will be thinking of you and your family! KB, I wasn't b___stfeeding when my son got his teeth, but he did that to his bottle. I b___stfed my oldest son for a year and he would do that to me when he was teething. About the period, with my oldest that I b___stfed I bled the longest then I have with my bottlefed babies. But, it stopped at 8 weeks and I didn't get a period until I weaned him. I don't think you should bleed the whole time you b___stfeed, never heard of that. Everyone check out my piczo page if you haven't, I put new pics up of Kyleigh!

slackette - October 17

KB, I exclusively b___stfeed and I bled for about 7 weeks PP. I wondered the same thing as you, but I never heard about bleeding the entire time you b___stfeed....that could mean 2+ for some women....that doesn't seem right....Tiffany, I discovered that if I do the same exact routine every night, Aiden will sleep for 7+ hours. I give a bath, then lotion, then swaddle, then offer one full b___st, then 4oz of bottled b___stmilk, and if he is still awake, another b___st. Tanya, if you are spotting and cramping, but not really bleeding, could it possibly be implantation bleeding? I don't mean to freak you out, but I suppose it could be a possibility, right??

kimberly - October 17

Ok girls, help me out with this please! My best friend since Jr High has not came to see my dd yet! She lives close too! She does have some personal reasons. She has been ttc for 9 years. She has diabetes and endometriosis, she just had invitro done right before Kyleigh was born. It failed and they told her she just has bad eggs. I feel so bad for her but I want her to see my dd. We have shared lots together and I can't stand the thought of our friendship ending because I had another baby. She called me last Friday and said she was sorry she hasn't been by and she would be over on Monday. She is into photography and she told me to dress nice and to dress Kyleigh up too and she would take some pictures of us. So on Monday I got fixed up and dressed Kyleigh up and she never showed or called. Then yesterday she calls and again apolojizes and says she will come by tommorrow, which would be today, I told her I would be at work. She then said well I will just come by there then and see you and I will just have to see Kyleigh some other time. I told her do whatever she feels she needs to do and hung up. I am just so hurt. I am sure she is hurting too but how can I be friends with someone who can't be around me? I just don't know what to say anymore! Should I just give her space and time or what?

javidsgirl - October 17

donia you just made my heart jump to my throut i don"t know what to think about that would be a surprise to get pg on bc well i guess i will see what the doc thinks on tues hubby and have tried to be careful maybe not careful enough now i am worried. kimberly i wish i had the right words to tell you but i think if you had been friends that long it shouldn't really matter but then agian i have never been in your friends shoes ethier

JessC531 - October 17

Kimberly, I say give your friend some time. She's probably really struggling emotionally, and I'm sure she misses you, but may just be having a hard time seeing your beautiful baby when she can't have one. I had a miscarriage a year and a half ago, and my best friend was pregnant at the time. I couldn't see her for a while because I was just sooo depressed, and seeing her and her pregnant belly was just too much for me. It wasn't personal against her, I just needed time to heal. So give your friend some time... I'm sure she'll come around eventually.

TiffanyRae - October 17

Kimberly if you two are truly really good friends then maybe you could sit down to lunch and just talk about it. Maybe she doens't even realize that you are noticing her pulling away. And after you talk about it she just might need some time to adjust. But then at least you will have a little understanding to her actions. I truly believe that in order to solve differences they just need to be talked out. That is how DH and I make it....we are very open about our issues. We spend alot of time talking!!!! Same situation with my truly good girlfriends...we have great conversation! ok hope things work themselves out for you!!!

Krissy25 - October 17

Hey TANYA are you going to be starting the July therad? LOL. I yhink i'd just about die if i fiund out i was pg again. Well the service went well today, there was a much larger than expected crowd at the cemetery. Then there was a lunch afterwards which was like his final party, which is what he really wanted. It was at one of his favorite places to eat and the had his favorite food, it was nice. It was more like a celebration of his life. KIMBERLY you think that is bad that your friend won't see her, my husbands sister still hasn't seen my dd and she lives in town too. FOr whatever reason she won't have anything to do with us, she has distanced herself for a while but once Jacquelyn was born she completely cut us out of her life. I'm upset but i've just accepted it, she has her issues and i guess when she deals with them she will come around. As for your friend i can only imagine what she is going through, before i had Jacquelyn i too had a miscarriage and i couldn't stand to look at pregnant women or women with small babies but at least i knew i could get pregnant and the chance of me having a successful pregnancy was good, I bet your friend is having to come to terms with the thought that she will probably never be able to have her own. For now maybe try and do things with just her, no kids and hopefully she will come around soon.

kimberly - October 17

I know she is hurting! And I can't imagine how she feels! But, when she called Friday I did talk to her and she told me it had nothing to do with the baby. I of course no that it does, Iguess it is just to hard for her to talk about. She is shutting everyone out right now, my other really good friend has been to her house and she came to the door and told her it wasn't a good time. She is obviously depressed and for good reason. I am really trying to be understanding but I am also feeling hurt. Jess and Krissy , I am sorry about your miscarriages, I can't imagine! Well, have a good night, Idoubt I will get a chance to get back on tonight.

moescrilla - October 17

Jess - Leyton usually stays up for an hour an a half to two hours before he falls asleep again. Every now and then he'll stay up until its time to feed again, then take a long nap. Well, Leyton turned 7 weeks yesterday, and he's still not smiling. Is that normal? Its really starting to bother me. I feel like he's not a happy baby, or that I'm doing something wrong.

kim00 - October 17

Kimberly, your friend probably just needs time to heal. I know that each time we experienced a loss, both through miscarriage and in our adoption journey, I became very depressed and was very resentful toward pregnant women and those with small children. I know when people tried to talk to me, it made it worse, because I knew they had no idea how I felt. I felt like it was their way of saying it's time to get over it now. Which I know they didn't want to make me feel that way, but that was how I perceived it. I finally sought counseling, to help me heal, after I confronted a mom in walmart that had been cursing and yelling at her child and the little girl was sitting in the cart just sobbing, it broke my heart. GL.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion