Baby Acne-pg115095599118

4 Replies
melissa g. - June 22

i just asked a query on vaccinations, now I'll switch to something a bit more superficial -- my dd has mild baby acne but I of course am bummed to see any blemish on my perfect little baby! i have been applying zinc cream on it, and the ped said to try A & D cream. I have also heard that Aveeno daily moisture cream is good and also pretotects from slobber rash. I wont do hydrocortisone, i dont think that should be used on anyone's skin, adult or young, except as a short term, last resort. anyhoo, any tips? i was hoping she would have outgrown this by 4 months but she still gets the odd few bumps every few days.

Jamie - June 22

Honestly, I'd stop putting anything on it, and just wipe down her face with warm water several times a day, and see if that helps.

acrone - June 22

You really shouldn't put anything on it because it could make it worse. Just wipe your baby's face with warm water a few times a day should help. It is mostly caused by the4 hormones that are still in the baby's body from birth and can take a few months for them to clear up.

jas - June 22

Plain water is best... Worked for my little one. He went through all of his first pictures looking like a teenager... He is almost three months and has almost got it out of his system.

Kim L - June 22

Breast milk! Yes it's true. Put it on a cotton ball and apply it like a toner. There's a fascinating article about it in Mothering Magazine called "Your walking medicine chest". Here's the link: http://www.mothering.com/articles/new_baby/b___stfeeding/walking-medicine-chest.html (dashes only between walking-medicine-chest). Also check ou the link called "More ways to use b___stmilk". I nearly fell over when I read it!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?