Belly Button-pg119282086665

7 Replies
Bellas Mom - October 19

My little guy is 4 weeks, a month tomorrow, and still no sign that his belly button (umbilical stump) is gonna fall off!! Is this okay? My daughter's fell off on day 5. I know that's extremely early, but this is total opposite! Any of your babies take this long???

DDT - October 19

My ds's stump took about 2-2.5wks to fall off. I was getting worried at about 10days and the doc told me to wipe it with a dab of alcohol on a cotton ball at every changing. It helps dry it out. My ds's stayed moist for quite a while and the alcohol dried it out very quickly.

andy - October 20

my dds fell at 3 weeks ... I was getting so worried but I read somewhere that up to 45 days is normal ... try to dry it out every diaper change with lots of alcohol

sfrog68 - October 20

My dd's doctor told me to use peroxide instead of alcohol. I did that and 2 days later it fell off.

aliciavr6 - October 22

My babies was still on at her first drs appointment (I think a month or so old) but fell off the next day

MNMOM - October 22

My pediatrician said the longest he has seen one stay on is 31 days. You are on the long end of the spectrum, but still in the range. See your dr if it does not fall off after 32 days....you don't want it to get infected.

denimb__terfly - October 23

My first son took 5 weeks for his to come off (and back then we put the alcohol on it all the time), my daughter's took 2 weeks (also with the alchohol), and my newest little guy took 5 days (without alcohol), so clearly it's different for different babies! Don't worry- ask the babies doc if you are concerned at the 1 month appointment.

denimb__terfly - October 23

oh, my oldest is 10 years old-- I did not mean to make it sound like it was forever ago-- it's just that back then they told us to use the alcohol on it every diaper change and now they are saying it is not necessary

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?