Bonnie -pg116977187640

5 Replies
CyndiG - January 25

I saw in another post that you gave your baby instant oatmeal. How old is Mason? I ask because Carlie is 6 months old, and HATES cereal. I know she needs it for the iron, but she just won't eat it. I've been trying to find an alternative. I found YoBaby with cereal and fruit. She likes that, but I hate to give it to her every day. I was just wondering is instant oatmeal would be an option. Thanks!

Bonnie - January 25

Yep, you can go with adult oatmeal. I would try the regular first because the instant has a ton of sugar in it. You can also try cream of wheat which has iron. IN another month or so you can try cheerios which also have the iron. :)

CyndiG - January 25

Thank you. I've been stressing just knowing that she's going to be anemic and and all that iron deficiancy stuff! :O} I hadn't even thought about Cream of Wheat. I wonder about Grits.....I will try oatmeal in the morning. Thank you so much!

Bonnie - January 25

Well, Mason gets 24 oz of formula per day. he gets iron in either oatmeal, cream of wheat, or that same yogurt about 4 times a week (the other 3 times are waffles or eggs). At his last check up, the doc said he had the iron levels of a 14 year old, lol. So if you are on formula, I wouldnt even tress about it.

CyndiG - January 25

She's bf-ing. She is eating breakfast, cereal or yogurt, nurses twice before noon, eats lunch, usually 1/2 jar of a veggie, nurses 1 or 2 more times, eats dinner at 6, usually another 1/2 jar of a veggie or sometimes a fruit. Then nurses 2 more times before bed and of course at night (still not sleeping all night, but that's another issue :O} ). Alot of those nursings are for comfort.... We're just really starting solids good. I'm so grateful for your advice. It's nice to hear what another mommy is doing!

Bonnie - January 25

Take a look at wholesomebabyfoods.com It's mostly about homemade baby food which I never had the time to make (nor did mason like my cooking, lol). But they have a nice section on ways to get iron in and what age is good for what foods. :)

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?