Breast Milk-pg114841954418

3 Replies
LisaB - May 23

I asked this on the bfing forum but that tends to be a little slow so I'll ask here too. I have been bf for 6 months and its been great then the last two days my milk has looked like murky water its very thin, Ds seems satisfied after nursing but I've never seen it look like this I only pump enough for cereal so am a little concerned if ds is getting enough or if something is wrong. He did spit up a bit yesterday and this am which is very rare.

olivia - May 23

It's normal, it varies a lot, sometimes very watery foremilk is the norm. Your milk changes as your baby grows and develops new nutritional needs. Also, if you are pumping first thing in the morning it will always be very watery. If you were to pump after feeding your baby, it will look a little richer. Don't worry! I remember pumping one night and waking up opening the fridge to a container of bright green water (spinach for dinner). It looked so disgusting. Nothing can go wrong with your freshly pumped milk, so try not to worry, you're doing great.

Rabbits07 - May 23

I have pumped while b___stfeeding previous babies and had my milk look watery and blue....I always had plump, healthy, b___stfed babies. I let my mom talk me into putting my first baby on formula because she insisted that my milk was too watery looking to be of any benefit to the baby---I regret that because I now know there was nothing wrong with my milk. And like olivia said, the things you eat can affect how your b___stmilk looks.

LisaB - May 23

Thank you ladies I figured it was near impossible for anything to be wrong with my milk, its not like it can spoil but my step mom was freakin causeing me to second guess myself. When will I learn to trust myself?!?!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?