Breastfeeding-pg115287112518

3 Replies
mayaB - July 14

My 2 month old squrims when he feeds. Does yours?? is it okay/normal? He's eating enough and grows alot.. So it's not a problem of there not being enough. He's always squrimed a little, not at every feeding.. Any idea why he does this?? At times he squirms so much he cant eat. He makes it difficult for him to latch on. any ideas??

sahmof3 - July 14

Yes, it's normal. I've b___stfed three and they all did this. One thing I found that sometimes would work is to make eye contact with baby and "baby talk" or sing to them. Sometimes, though, they just gotta move, which is hard when you're trying to feed them, but it's good for their growth and development. Every time they are moving at that age they are making all kinds of neural connections. It's amazing!!

ry - July 14

my dd squirms a lot when she has gas or her reflux is acting up. could he be ga__sy?

olivia - July 14

I think it was about that age I started having a little squirm too. I used the swaddle blanket to bind her arms down to get her latched. I had a lot of trouble keeping her arms from flailing up toward her mouth. It is usually just their immature nervous system not really knowing how to control limbs and such. I guess it could be gas too, but mine didn't have much gas and still squirmed a lot. Try swaddling if it is really interrupting meal time.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?