Breastfeeding -pg114028654618

6 Replies
dani - February 18

I posted on the br___tfeeding site, but got no feed back so I figured I would try infant care.....I have to get dental work done which will require taking pain meds, like, vicoprofen or vicodin.......is this safe while br___tfeeding? My little boy is 7 weeks old. I don't know what to do? I will be pumping in the next few weeks....

katie - February 18

no, not safe. only benadyl sp?

Jen - February 18

I was given vicodin for pain after my delivery and I had no problems BF. I would just check with your OB or the baby's doc to make sure the dose you are taking is safe. Good luck!

Elizabeth - February 18

I was given 800 mg of ibuprofin and percecet after my delivery and both my o.b. and ped. said it was safe to b___st feed, I agree with jen, call your Dr.

sj - February 18

your dentist should know if its safe or not. My dentist asks if your nursing or not..which would in turn decide whether to postpone dental work or not.

Sarahsmommy - February 18

I took percocet and ibuprofin after I had Sarah and they said very little pa__ses into the b___st milk.

LRK - February 19

I heard that percocet was okay when you are first starting to bf because it does not get into the colostrum. However, it transfers more into the real milk. So, that is why it is okay to have it in the hospital for the first few days. Not sure, but that is what some nurse told me. I would talk to your doctor to be sure, regarding the vicodin

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?