Breastfeeding Question-pg114427323618

3 Replies
Sarahsmommy - April 5

Ok, I don't go to the bf part very often so I'll just ask this here. I need advice. Sarah has a bad cold, we went to the doctor and all this morning. Well she's only eatting about 1/2 of what she normally eats and I need to know what to do so my milk supply doesn't go down or do I need to anything? Do I need to pump or something?

hottmomaof6 - April 5

you don't need to do anything. just nurse her on deman or you can pump to make sure your milk supply stays up. My son is almost 9 weeks old and he has been sick with some type of cold since he was born and I just fed on demand and let me tell you i have not lost any. I was a little worried though because it took him a while to put on a little weight but hes ok now. Good luck to you and your little girl and i hope she gets better soon. ~Misty~

tiffani - April 6

You should be fine if her appet_te comes back soon. If she's like this for more than 5 days or so, I think it's a good idea to pump to maintain your supply. HOWEVER.... if you aren't b___stfeeding exclusively, go ahead and start pumping now, because your supply is not as good as it is if you are b/f exclusively. Hope your little one feels better soon. :o)

Jenn... - April 6

Don't worry about your supply, it will change to meet her needs. Just expect that when she is feeling better she may nurse around the clock for a day or so to rebuild your supply.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?