Burping -pg117266314979

1 Replies
jolou - February 28

When did you stop needing to burp your lo? DS is only nearly 7 weeks old, but it seems to me that he'll only burp now when HE wants to! We always struggled winding him, but now, sometimes he'll burp as soon as you take the bottle away and lift him, and other times you can be patting and rubbing that back for 15 minutes (trying on the shoulder, sitting up, bending forwards etc...) and get nothing, nada, and then 45 minutes later I'll pick him up or put him down to change a nappy, use the playgym etc and he'll burp of his own accord.... He doesn't seem to be in any discomfort if you don't get anything out of him....Is he just reaching a point where he'll burp himself or is he way to young for that?

drea - February 28

I could be wrong, but I thought that you stop burping when they can sit up un-a__sisted. Every baby is different though. My dd sometimes just doesnt burp either, and then when I pick her up or something like an hour later she'll belt one out like a truck driver. I think sometimes they just dont have to burp. Hope this helps.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?