Cereal-pg115280344818

4 Replies
sapna - July 13

Hi Ladies, my baby is almost 20weeks old (5months) -i am thinking of starting him on cereal along w/br___tfeeding. How often do you guys feed ur little ones cereal? do u mix it w/water or br___t milk? and if it is breakmilk - how much do u express for a day and can you save it for the next day???

jb - July 13

My dd is 5 months and she gets cereal 2 times a day. I usually mix 2oz of formula and then add it to the rice or oatmeal. My dd usually gets about 2-3 tbsp of cereal per feeding. I don't measure the cereal part, I just eyeball it. I can't help you with the bf part, but my DR did say that I could mix the cereal with either formula, b___stmilk or 100% apple juice.

sapna - July 13

thanks jb!!! can somone advice me on dealing with b___stmilk...

ConnorsMommy - July 14

you can mix it with b___stmilk, he'll probably like the taste of it better with b___stmilk instead of water anyway. just express about 4oz. per day of b___stmilk for the cereal (to feed him cereal twice a day).. it doesn't take that much liquid :) .. so 4oz. should be enough for a twice a day feeding. you can freeze the b___st milk, but not the b___stmilk and cereal mixed. something i do when i make my son cereal, i pour 3oz. of the cereal into a bottle (it's easiest to measure how much you're feething this way) and then add about 1oz.(more if you want it more liquidy, less if you want it thicker) of water (in your case, use your b___stmilk). then once it's mixed, just pour it into a little bowl cuz it's hard to feed him with a spoon out of a bottle ;) hope this helped!

ConnorsMommy - July 14

*feeding.. not feething.. lol, i must have teething on the brain!!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?