Constipation-pg113648160618

4 Replies
Meagan - January 5

My son is 1 week and 2 days old now. He is straining to make a bowel movement. I think he is constipated because he hasnt had a bowel movement since last nite. What can you do for constipation?

xXx-Lesley-xXx - January 5

You can put vasaline on their bum holes. If you are b___stfeeding babies can go up to 7 days with no poo, but bottlefed are more likely to get constipation. Ar you sure there has been no bowel movement? Bowel movement doesn't mean pooing - I always thought that untill I took Ben in on Christmas night and the doctor told me. As long as there is no blood and it isn't causeing him no distress or pain I wouldn't worry too much just yet. If it is making him uncomfortable then try a nice warm bath, that relaxes baby and could help.

Faye - January 5

If you are b___stfeeding, eat some prunes or increase your fruie intake if you really think there is a promlem. But as Lesley says you don't need to get worried for a week. If you bottle feed, try giving a small amout of prune juice. You can mix it with the formula.

krystal - January 5

its not the amount of times that a baby goes, its the consistency that you should look at.one day i wouldnt worry about. once my fella went 5 days without and i was really getting worried, but when he did go...it was a doosy.

Beccah - January 5

I agree with the last posts, don't start worrying until a few more days go by. My baby stopped going during christmas, I guess the festivities stressed him out too, because when he did go, four days later, it was A LOT!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?