Constipation-pg119031210352

4 Replies
Mrs.Ireland - September 20

My dd is 8 1/2 weeks and is constipated from her soy formula she has been on for a week, how much prune juice should i give her?

DDT - September 20

How long has it been since she pooped? Anything up till a week is not abnormal. You can give her 1oz 100% prune juice to 1oz water. My son wouldn't drink that so I had to mix it with his formula instead.

eclectic66 - September 20

DDT- How many times a day can you give them that? My ds is 8 weeks and I want to give him something too bc he has been pa__sing pretty firm stools once a day (sometimes every other day) I started giving him about 2 oz free water 1-2 times a day, but so far that hasn't helped either. I know they say babies can go several days w/o a bm, but I hate to make him wait that long...it just seems like it would be so uncomfortable. Not to mention my lo's bm's ARE firm. He is 100% formula fed and I haven't changed his formula so I don't think it's that.

jen327 - September 20

My son was just constipated really bad, 3 days without a poop. The pediatrician said prune just for a baby under 6 months will cause diarrea and is too harsh. She said 1 oz water to 1 oz apple juice. 5 hours after this my son pooped.

squished - September 20

Hi! Our lo doesn't poop every day and when he does it's really firm like play-doh. Our ped sais to give him 1/2 ounce pear juice and 1/2 water and it'll work. Within the day he poops and feels much better. He also said that prune juice is too harsh. Good luck!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?