Constipation -pg115262691618

2 Replies
CE - July 11

My 6 month old has been having small frequent (2-3x's a day) bowel movents for the last few days. The stool is not rock hard, but stuck to her bum and almost pasty. I'm wondering if this is just a change due to soild foods or constipation. She does not seem to hurt, but does grunt quite a bit for that small amount. I have been feeding her pears for the last few days hoping that would help, but still that same. Should I consider a laxative or does this seem normal?

sahmof3 - July 11

Sounds normal. My daughter used to get constipated and she would scream and there would be a little blood in her diapers (we gave her baby food prunes). The grunting and stuff is normal or at least it was for my three, but if you are still worried about it, you could give her the baby food prunes- they really work!! (When my oldest son would see the younger one getting red in the face and grunting he'd say, "Mom, Justin has his poopin' face on." lol.)

AudreyS - July 11

Sounds normal you can give a little bit or prune or apple juice diluted with water...That always does the trick and my ped, recommended it.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?