Crawling-pg114968356018

3 Replies
Ruby - June 7

My 10 monthold is not crawling she also shows no sighns of wanting to walk should I be concerned. Anyone have this happen?????

Rabbits07 - June 7

Some babies skip crawling all together and some are just later about doing it. Sometimes they will learn other methods of getting around such as scooting on their bottom and I even knew one lady who's baby rolled everywhere (very funny to watch). I've read that walking can occur as late as 15 months and still be within the norm, so your lo still has a while before I'd be concerned about her not walking. Is she developmentally on track in all other areas (sitting, jabbering, etc.)? If so, I don't think I would be really concerned about the not crawling. If she seems to really be lagging in other areas though I would mention to the ped.

Shanna - June 7

My baby is almost 6 months but came 5 weeks early and I wonder about crawling as I've heard some babies start at 6 months. Our dd hardly ever rolls over; only when she feels like it. She does pick her head up and push up with her arms when on her tummy but again, only when she feels like it. Sometimes she will lay on her tummy and just cry. When we dangle her above the floor, she will push up with her legs, shes jabbering away, b__wing raspberries, smiles and laughs so I try not to worry about the rolling or crawling, she may just be a late bloomer in that area.

Whitney - June 7

My son will be a year on June 16 & only started crawling 3 weeks ago, his Dr. said he is perfectly healthy & that alot of babies don't even crawl or just go straight to walking. My neighbor's daughter (like Rabbits said) is 14 months & just scoots around on her bum & has never crawled, but geese she gets around fast. All babies are different, I wouldn't worry at all.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?