Diaper Rash-pg117088782815

10 Replies
torbman - February 7

Does anyone have any home remedies for a diaper rash? Poor thing, its right where his tail bone is, right in the crease. I gave him a bath and dried it and let him play on his tummy on a towel for a bit to let some air at it. I was using sudocream which worked awesome, however, I picked up some Aveeno diaper rash cream because the other cream was expensive. Now we are in a good blizzard for the last few days and I can't make it up the hill to get some of the good stuff. Does anyone have any tips for some home remedies that may work til I can get some? :) Tamara

ash2 - February 7

I swear by desitin creamy....but if you are not anywhere you can get to a store, then pure vaseline can do the trick to prevent it from getting worse, but not heal it.

torbman - February 7

I don't think I have tried that before with any of my kids. How long should there skin be let at with air before I put the diaper back on?

torbman - February 7

Ok so that sucked! I went out to get some sudocream. I didn't want this to get worse. Speaking of worse, the weather is so c___ppy. There is only one lane to drive on on the side roads and don't think you can stop or you'll get stuck. And slippery on the main roads too. I have kept my two girls home from school this week because the sidewalks are not done either. I don't think I should have to send them when its this bad and they can't get there without walking on the road . Anyways, still do you no how long I need to let the air at his bum before I put the diaper back on?

Nerdy Girl - February 7

If I remember correctly, Rabbits was saying something on another thread about cornstarch working wonders for diaper rash. Rabbits, are you here?

ash2 - February 7

The diaper rash cream does not have to dry before you put teh cream on, just as soon asyou put teh cream on the bum, put the diaper on with it. So were you able to get anything ??

Heather F - February 7

uf my dd has a rach I let her sleep in a cloth diaper with lots of diaper rash cream on her b___t for the night, ussually by the time she wakes in the morning its much better if not all better.....mostly because the cloth diaper is breathable whereas the store bought ones arent.

Heather F - February 7

that was supposed to say *If not Uf, lol

torbman - February 7

I got that sudocream. I found it worked great before. I had been given a sample from the hospital , but had purchased something cheaper in the store. Forget that! It was worth the $8!

ry - February 8

Air it out!!! I swear it helps so much!!! And one thing I learned: before you apply diaper cream or vaseline, powder, etc-make sure their fanny is completely dry. I was wiping dd's b___t with wipes and warm water then applying diaper cream right after until I learned that I was just locking in more moisture and making it worse.

torbman - February 8

Thank you ladies. ry- I never thought about that one. It looks a bit better today. :)

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?