Feeding Schedule For 4 Month Old -pg119880313413

8 Replies
redsonya - December 27

My lo is 4 months and still eating every 3 hours. He takes a 5 oz. bottle between 4-6 am, then at 9am, then 12, then 3, then 6, then 9pm. Then he's down for the night and is doing fairly well. Someone told me he should be eating less often. That sounds great to me. How much and how often is your 4 month old eating? Just curious what other babies schedules are...Thanks!

excited2bemama - December 27

Well my dd is b___stfed and 6 months now.. but she is pretty much the same except for the middle of the night feed.. she always eats pretty much every 1.5-2 hours during the day- at 4 months she had one feeding at night around 3 or so. Now she sleeps all night without eating but still eats every 1.5-2 hours during the day. I just feed on fdemand though.

DDT - December 27

At 4 months my formula-fed ds was drinking every 4hrs (7am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm, 11pm). He would take 4-5oz at every feeding. I just changed his 3hr feeding routine gradually to a 4hr one. He did fine with the change. When he was 3 months I extended the time to every 3.5hrs over a period of 2wks and then did the same for the following 2 wks to get his to 4hrs. Of course never with hold a bottle when your baby is truly hungry. They also tend to eat more frequently during growth spurts. His 11pm feeding was a dream feed that would see him through until 7am the next morning.

wailing - December 27

My lo is 6 months and just now will go 4 hours w/ out being as hungary, but he still likes to eat every 3 sometimes. At 4 months my lo was on a 3 hr feeding schedule, except for when he slept which was usually 10hrs thru the nite. Every baby is different and I would just feed on demand for now

kimberly - December 28

Sounds completely normal. My dd is 4 months and she eats every 2 to 2.5 hours. She takes 5 oz. each feeding.She wakes about 4:00 am to eat and then is back to sleep. I give her cereal in the mornings and a veggie at night. She doesn't like solids too much yet though.

Nerdy_Girl_10242006 - December 28

My daughter is 4 months and she won't be getting any solids til she is 6 months old, so she is eating every 2-3 hours as well. She drinks 4 oz bottles though not 5. She has her nights where she sleeps all night and then some nights where she wakes up every hour to every 2-3 hours to eat. My doctor told me to give her cereal now, but I don't like the idea of my 4 month old having anything but formula at this point, so when she is 6 months I will introduce her to solids.

GloriaD - December 28

My DD is almost four months and she doesn't really have a schedule but she eats about 4-5 times a day and about 4-5oz. at a feeding. She sleeps through the night without feeding, so about 12 hours.

Prego1 - December 28

DD is not yet 4 months. She eats 4.5 oz thickened Alimentum every 2-3 hrs. She won't be eating solids til 4 months. I use Thickenup. She has 1 feeding at night and sleeps about 10 hrs.

Prego1 - December 28

oops I meant DD won't be eating solids til 6 months.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion