Finger Foods-pg117071135187

6 Replies
Nita_ - February 5

when did your lo start on them? My lo is 7 months old and I've been giving her rice, oatmeal, some of the 1st foods. She's always wanting to eat something or look at our mouths when we eat! Is she ready for those gerber puffs etc? are they called finger foods too? or do I start with those and then move on to fruit and cheese bits?

eliz24 - February 5

Hi, Nita_ my daughter is 9 months and I started her on gerber puffs and cheerios when she just turned 8 months,she was like you said in your post,always watching us chew and stuff. Like I said she's 9 months now and eating,whole green beans,peas,cottage cheese,banannas,shredded carrrot. On the package for the gerber puffs it tells you signs to look for to see if your baby is ready for them,like if they can crawl with their stomachs completely off the floor,sit up straight,etc...hope this helps.

Nita_ - February 5

thanks eliz24! my dd started to crawl a week ago and sits up una__sisted for a few minutes as well. Do they have to be able to chew (at least with their gums?) or have teeth? she just started teething, I can see her tiny little white teeth on the bottom gum...I just don't know if the puffs will be too much i.e., she won't be able to 'chew' etc.

eliz24 - February 5

My dd has 4 teeth.those gerber puffs pretty much dissolve once there in their mouth,the first time I gave them to my dd I just gave her one at a time and she just kinda rolled it around in her mouth til it dissolved, good luck!

Nita_ - February 5

oh! Thanks eliz! I think Im going to get those next time I'm in the store! Oh I can't wait to give them to her! :)

ash2 - February 5

DS is 8 months old, and he has been on table foods for a month now. Peas,corn, rice, half noodles of mac-n-cheese, carrots, dressing, potatoes ( mashed) ...pretty much anything we eat except for the meats. I buy those in the jar. Of course with all of these foods be sure to mashe them up good...

ash2 - February 5

*mash*

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?