Going Crazy -pg114055797618

10 Replies
at my wit's end - February 21

i'm at my wit's end here. when my daughter turned 6 months, her personality changed. she was a very mellow baby. NOW!!! she cries alot when i leave the room, she hates to take naps and cries throughout them!!!!! she's not teething b/c she had her appt last week and no teeth. when i put her down, she's fed, diapered, the works, sooooo i just don't know what's going on????????????????????????? i'm losing it! helppppppppp

SarahLuv - February 21

she may be going through seperation anxiety if she cries when you leave.

bump - February 21

bump

xXx-Lesley-xXx - February 21

Oh yes, them days... I got them all to come again :-D It will wear off. I think most babies go through this phase.

this has been going on for 3 weeks and counting! when does it stop?! she's fine when we're out and she goes with others. she's fine at babysitters and at mother's day out, but when we're at home-that's where we have the problem! my dr. said to let her cry for 15 min before picking her up and that's what i do and she exhausts herself! she gets red and cries to the top of her lungs and acts as if she's being tortured! i hate to see her like this but i don't want to enable her by picking her up the minute she starts crying or the minute i leave the room. she's not this bad with her dad! i'm going crazy here!

xXx-Lesley-xXx - February 21

Does she get like this for no reason? Is she on the floor or in a swing/jumperoo? Perhaps you could try sitting her somewhere else and give her extra toys to play with. TV is also good for a 10 min break! Or nursery ryhme CD or something.

yes, she gets like this in her swing, jumperoo, and even in her walker which she likes b/c she's mobile. the walker is safe in our house b/c we have no stairs and i'm able to lock it. the only time she doesn't get like this is when she's watching her baby einstein. it gives me a break for a little bit, but i don't let her watch it for more than once a sitting. she's seems content to watch it but she can't do that forever! so here i am going nuts!

bump - February 21

bump

nelly~julie&nattysmom - February 21

My daughter is 7 months and is the same way its awful. I can't get anything done if I leave the room she cries, she cries in her sleep and wakes up whinning almost every hour every night nothing is wrong with her she just wants to be held. She has all sorts of things to play with and keep her occupied but she cries she won't sit in her walker or swing or anything. Your not alone, she has been this way sense she was a couple months old. I wonder why she does this too. I have wondered if sense I had a tramatic labor and delivery and she and I were both sick alot if that has anything to do with it. I hope it gets better for you and for me too!!

tina - February 21

Have you tried taking her with you to the room you are in? I have a small swing as well has her car seat that I can set up in whatever room I am in ..well except for the bathroom I try not to take her in there when I am using the potty..As for the naps maybe if you put her to sleep while laying on your bed and then move her to her own room it will help.

April - February 22

My son likes me to be close too. I just take him with me from room to room when I am doing things. Not if I am running to the kitchen for 5 seconds and coming right back. About naps. My son only naps for about 30 min in the morning and mabye an hour in the afternoon. Sometimes he has a nap in the evening if he had a real short afternoon nap. He will sleep with us nursing on and off from 9-7:30. He seems fine getting that much sleep.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?