Help Please -pg113902047918

8 Replies
Mux - February 3

My daughter has cradle cap. What to expect the first year said to wash with petroleum jelly and wash thoroughly with shampoo. How do you get it out?!? (the jelly)

Kris10 - February 3

eww that sounds like a mess, the shampoo won't get it out?

Kris10 - February 3

p.s. hopefully it took care of the dry skin up there?

Mux - February 3

Found a solution! :-) Cover with cornstarch and wash three times with Dawn dishsoap. It's still a little greasy, but much, much, MUCH better! Sad thing is, it didn't get completely rid of the dry... :-P I think I'll find a different method to get rid of it though!

Jbear - February 3

My pediatrician said to use a small amount of adult dandruff shampoo. I used baby oil first, again a small amount, rubbed it in, let it set about half an hour, then combed out the flakes before I shampooed her. It hasn't totally cleared up, but some babies are just more prone to it than others. Thank goodness it's winter time and I can put a hat on her when we go out.

Liz - February 3

Did you get that nice sponge from the hospital when you came home? It was a sponge with white bristles one one side. For my son, I would rub the shampoo on his head with my hand first, then with a washcloth, then take that sponge and use the bristles on his scalp. It works great for him. It might take a week or two to totally clear up. Hope this helps

Channy*too lazy to signin* - February 3

Oh i wouldnt do that...i uses baby oil.

KrYstaL - February 4

I use the baby oil too.

Kerry - February 4

I used baby oil let it set for a few minutes then used a baby comb to loosen the flakes then washed it out and combed again while it was wet then rinsed it worked like a charm gone in a day or two.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?