I M Sad Pg1242052969

2 Replies
stefkay - May 11

Lol, ok I didn't know how to t_tle this post but I wondered if anyone has experienced this. My dd is 10 months old and the center of my universe ;) She is totally attached to me when at home and she is in that stranger anxiety phase I guess where if I give her to anyone else she cries until I get her back. She even does it with her dad sometimes, but for the most part she is only ok with me or her dad. My mom is the only other person outside of us two that she is ok with and she lives like an hour away so we only get to see her about 1-2 times a month for a weekend each time. My dd LOVES her grandma and when we visited this past weekend she immediately went to her like no time had passed. It was so sweet!!!! I love that she is soo good with her gramma. Well, normally I work from home with her with me but today I had to stay in my mom's town to work from the office (that is where I am now) so my mom is watching my dd. They took me to work and dropped me off and I brought dd in to see my coworkers who have not seen her in ages. She would NOT leave my mom! She even hit me when I tried to hold her and show her off. She is walking holding hands now and would only do it with my mom and not me. She yanked her hands out of mine and was being kind of defiant then my mom picked her up and she wrapped her little arms around her neck and hugged her like she usually does me. I'm so sad I can't imagine what I did. I know at 10mos old they don't get "mad" at us yet, or maybe they do, but I never have done anything to her. I shower her with hugs and kisses all day long :) Anyways, I guess i'm asking is this normal behavior? Why is she doing this? I am just missing her too and all while I'm here in the office today. I commend all ofyou who work away from your babies every day...

amanda17 - May 11

My 11 month old does this on a daily basis. Consider yourself lucky you don't live with your mom! I live with my grandma and every time dd sees her she immediately starts screaming for me to put her down then runs over to her. I have to practically pry her away every time. It's not that she's mad or prefers her over me or anything... Sometimes they just want to be with someone else. Just like if she's having fun playing with a toy... she doesn't want to be bothered and she certainly doesn't want the toy taken from her. Same basic idea.

stefkay - May 11

Thanks, I feel really stupid even worrying about it but I know she just obviously feels close to her gramma. They came to see me at lunch so I could feed her and she came to me easily but then when they left she latched back on to gramma and wouldnt come back to me to give me a hug and she did that thing where she hit me in the face again. Oh well :) sigh...I can't take this stuff personally, LOL! I know my mom can give her more attention during the day than I can so I'm sure my dd is loooooving it!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?