Is It True -pg114432427118

6 Replies
Leahp - April 6

Hi ladies, I was just curious about this since my sitter told me that when babies are teething that their poop changes and they are more suseptable to diaper rash, my 6 month old has her worst one ever and her tooth just popped out this week and she is soooo fussy! Any suggestions or ideas, I have never seen her like this and she'll barely let me leave the room, when she has always been an independent little lady!!

tiffani - April 6

Hmm... I've never heard of the two going hand in hand, but i'll be sure to pay attention if it happens to Dylan. You know, I remember around 9 months Hailee and Nicholas both went through this phase where they freaked out if I wasn't in sight. It was short lived thank God, but it was a tough month or so. Maybe your little lady is going through a similar phase??? Can you distract her with a new toy or something? As far as the diaper rash, a baking soda bath (full box of baking soda added to her bath) and Balmex always work for me. Make sure she's comfortable by giving her Tylenol when she's feeling that teething pain. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you. Hang in there momma! :o)

Erin1979 - April 6

Oh my, this could have been my post Leahp! My daughter is 7 months, and she has the worst diaper rash since she's been born (on her bum and v____a lips..I know tmi). She's had the res cheeks and acts like she is teething, so I think that's what it is from. I did read that some kids gets diaper rash when they are teething, but I'm not sure if it's from the poop. I just make sure I give her milder foods, I try not to use wipes (I dip her bum in warm water and wash it gently) and a slather her with diaper cream. Today it looks a little better....I hope this tooth comes soon. I can't take much more! It's breaking my heart to see her little bum like this!! I also noticed that my dd was starting to get a little more "attached" around 6 months as well. I just make sure that I talk loud enough when I leave the room, and I try to make it a game ( like peek-a-boo around the walls). My dd is getting better. Good luck!

The real Lissi - April 6

I have heard that before, but it hasn't happened to my baby yet, and she has 2 teeth now. If she's prone to diaper rash, then apart from applying creams, try giving her some nappy free time in between changes, if that's convenient. It does tham good to get some fresh air down there. I don't know if you can get them there, but Pampers do disposable changing mats that are excellent if you're worried about her peeing everywhere. I try and give my daughter some nappy free time every day. She loves it, because it's easier for her to get her feet in her mouth and chew on her toes. :-D

Sarahsmommy - April 6

I think the thing about the poop changing does have some truth to it because usually the babies drool more.

xXx-Lesley-xXx - April 6

It is more acidy, which causes the rash. I never had that problem with my oldest 2, but am getting it with Ben

Leahp - April 7

Hey ladies, thanks for the replies!! Her bum looks a lot better and yesterday she let me get a little house work done, she was in much better spirits! Plus she slept the whole night, but I'm wondering if that could of been the Tylenol? I'm right there with ya Erin1979, her little labias were so raw that she screamed when I wiped them, it broke my heart! I may try the airing out time for her! Good luck to all

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?