JUNE BABIES Its 2008

150 Replies
excited2bemama - January 2

New thread girls!!

ImpatientMommy - January 2

Excited- I'm having such a hard time even thinking about going away. The ONLY thing that is keeping me from not going is that I know my mother-in-law is just upstairs and I know that my husband will probably be upstairs with her... probably the whole time haha. If it were just my husband, I'd probably second guess going away. But even with this I'm STILL having a hard time even thinking about it.

Also I'm not even going to be gone for a full 48 hours. I leave at like 6:30am on Feb. 6th and come back around 11:30 on the 7th so it's not too too bad.

jendean00 - January 2

I am with you Excited, I just can't leave Brooke right now. I am sure I will eventually but right now I am happy having her with me. Working sucks because I pick her up at 5:30 and put her to bed by 8PM so the weekends are our time. When I had to go out of town with work I brought my Mom with me to take care of Brooke.~~Impatient, i am sure Josie wil be taken great care of and you do deserve a break, all moms do. I am sure you will call a dozen times but she will be fine. You can smother her with kisses when you get home.

It's funny that you say that Jendean because last night I half jokingly/half seriously said to my husband "why don't you and Josephine come with us" haha but we're taking trains to Long Island from Boston and I doubt that'd be very pretty because I think all in all we'll be on trains for like 4 hours each way AND there are cab rides involved so obviously not a very smart idea. Uuuuuugh, it's killing me.

jendean00 - January 2

It will be fine. The trains are nice I think. Our friends are leaving tomorrow to go back home to Maryland and they came on the train with 3 kids. 4, 2 & 1. They said you basically sit in a recliner the whole time but it was hard with the kids. It will be a good expierence for your hubby annd he will appreciate everything you do soooo much more when you get back. I should leave for a night or 2 for mine to realize all I do haha.

yogi - January 2

happy new year. pebble, sorry for being sick did you try some camomile tea and honey it works great.impaitient,i know what you mean i can not imagine leaving my lo right now but dont think about it so much she will be fine and waiting for you .as for us Mina isn;t sleeping good at all she wakes up like 3 time at night and she got her teeth 4 days ago so i dont know what is causing it and i am so tierd i just feed her to go to sleep. what should i do.

ImpatientMommy - January 3

Something amazing is happening right now. Josephine has been napping for an hour and 6 minutes haha. I actually just went in there to make sure she was still breathing. She hasn't slept past 45 minutes for like 2 1/2 months. I don't know if this is a fluke (most likely) or if she's going to start taking longer naps. Anywho, I gotta go do something productive while I have the chance!

momtbc - January 3

Been so long since I've been on. I'm going to go back and read after I post this. Samantha is sooo big. She had a fun first xmas, then two days later had an ear infection - number 2 for her. I have to take her back in a month for a tympanic hearing test to check for hearing loss due to membrane rupture. Why not - par for the course for this little one. I'm sure she's fine, she responds to sounds and even sometimes reacts to her name. As for allergies, the pediatrician put her on Zyrtec for a month. If it works she wants her on it until age 1 when they will send her to the allergist to be tested for her allergies. So, a busy time ahead for us! Well, got to go to go back and read - hope everyone had a great holiday!

excited2bemama - January 4

Hi ladies.... so I started reading some of the other threads (feb babies, etc) They all talk alot more than we do.. and they tell what their Lo 's are doing constantly... LADIES... lets try to chat more about our Lo's. I feel like I dunno what everyones babies are doing lately..... I'll start- Keira is really good at sitting up- SHe really wants to crawl but can only get up on all 4's rarely. Most of the time she just rolls around or sits up and plays. SHE LOVES her exersaucer.. and bounces back and forth in it like a jumper.. only when she is in her jumper she doesn;t jump.. go figure- Still drooling like mad- No teeth- although she has had bumps where her 2 bottum teeth are for months. She is still sleeping like a champ at night- 6;30pm-7 am- straight through- Naps are starting to get a little better- occa__sionaly she naps for an hour- usually she takes 3 naps now since they are short- 8;30 am- 1130-12, and around 330 pm. Still holding off on the solids as she is still spitting up but it is decreasing in frequency....

jendean00 - January 4

Excited~~get us motivated..haha. Ok, Brooke can sit up bit still a little wobbly with that. She LOVES to jump she will jump in your lap in her jumperoo anywhere. She loves to play peek-a-boo. She acts like she wants to crawl but she can get her legs up and moving but does not get up on her arms. She loves vegetables and will grab for anything we eat. (we do not give her table food) She is a good sleeper too. Last night 830-630. She is still chewing on her sleeves and drooling but no sign of a tooth yet. Naps are usually 30 min to an hour. She is at home daycare and she usually naps better there than she does for us on the weekends. I guess she sees the other kids napping and will sleep when they sleep. On the weekend she fights us because she is afraid she will miss something. Her spitting up just magically went away around 5 months. I can't remember the last time she spit up. She has had a stuffy nose off and on for the last 10 weeks but so have I, I think its this crazy weather...even the trees and flowers are confused. They are starting to bloom and then freeze. Its rough on the sinuses. Umm, thats all I can think of for now.

momtbc - January 4

Sounds good! Samantha is sleeping from about 8pm to 6:30/7am. Fits in perfect with the whole family schedule. She takes 2 to 3 naps a day. They each last from an hour to 2 hours. She is on soy formula and eats a meal for breakfast lunch and dinner. Right now, she sometimes skips breakfast food. She eats no fruits - allergy issue, but eats pretty much everything else. She has NO teeth yet! Pretty funny, because she will be 8 months old on the 19th! But, she is chewing on her lips and anything she can get in her mouth. I am using the Hyland's Teething Tablets with her. I even let her chew/suck on a frozen waffle. She thought it was so fun. She sits up but still will get carried away and tip herself over. She is just now starting to appreciate tummy time. She can push herself up and see things and play with things but she is not attempting to crawl. Just spin herself around. She loves her exersaucer and will get it rocking and jumping. She loves her jumperoo, but only for short periods of time. She is starting to imitate sounds that we make. I said, "Ay, yi, yi" at my son yester day and she made similar sounds, it was hilarious. She likes to squeal and yell at everybody, but that's what a normal day sounds like here any way! She is a lot happier now that she is finished her eardrops and finishing up her antibiotic. She has really bad diarrhea, though, so inevitably she has bad diaper rash. The pediatrician recommended feeding her yogurt so we have been trying that. Does anyone have any good advice for diaper rash? Amazingly, out of all four kids, only Samantha and my 2 year old have had diaper rash. And, my 2 year old cleared up with just powder. So, I feel terrible for Samantha.

ImpatientMommy - January 4

Good idea! Josephine sits up almost perfectly, rarely falls over and can sit up for like 45 minutes straight by herself without getting cranky or anything. She likes to sit on the floor and play with a bunch of toys. Teething is just KILLING her, she gets really cranky a lot and just attacks EVERYTHING with her mouth. She just wants to chomp down on everything. I'm putting her in the front part of her stroller and she just leans over and bits on the tray the whole time, I feel so bad. I can't wait for some teeth! She's doing GREAT with solids, she loves everything we give her. She's has sweet potatos, pears, peaches, applesauce, peas, carrots, bananas annnd I think that's it, we do each one for a week and she just loves them all. I think she's going to love anything as long as it's a new taste. She also doesn't spit up anymore, can't remember the last time she did. She sleeps really good now. Remember how I was having a hard time with her bed time? She just wouldn't go down unless it was like 11 well then she started making her own bedtime earlier and earlier and it just went from 9 to 8:30. She's been going to bed at 8:30 for about almost 3 weeks now. She starts to stir like 45 minutes later because I think she's just used to waking up after that amount of time because of naps but I just put the binkie in her mouth and she goes back to sleep and then she wakes up anywhere between 6 and 6:30 for her first bottle and then goes RIGHT back to sleep until 9 or 9:30! I'm very grateful for that! haha I'm also very thankful that after her first 3 months of giving me a hard time about going to sleep she now goes to sleep VERY easily. For as long as I can remember now I do the same thing, cuddle her up in a blanket ( a certain way, she won't go to sleep without being in a blanket this certain way), hold her horizontally, put her binkie in and she just instantly closes her eyes and goes to sleep. I hold her for maybe a minute and just put her down and that's it. People are amazed when I'm like "Okay... going to put the baby down for a nap" and then 2 minutes I come out and I'm like doooone. My sister-in-law has an almost 2 year old and it takes her always atleast 2 hours of fighting and crying to get her to go down for a nap or bedtime. I can't imagine. OH, also, she is into EVERYTHING. Are your little ones like this? If I'm holding her on my lap at the table EVERYTHING has to be out of her reach because she just wants to grab and reach for everything. I think she is just constantly looking around thinking "What have I not held and why am I not holding it!" haha. At Thanksgiving, she grabbed the top of my cup and spilled it all over the both of us and then she is always trying to grab our food off of our plates and nevermind holding her and trying to drink something at the sametime, that's IMPOSSIBLE. She sits in highchairs at restaurants now and is so nosey she is constantly just staring at other people it's so funny. MOMTBC- I called my pediatrician because when Jo was a few weeks old she looked like she had the beginning of a yeast rash on her little bum and he prescribed Nystatin Ointment and it cleared it up with only 2 uses. My sister-in-law also used it on her daughter who had a REALLY bad diaper rash and it cleared it up in no time. Maybe ask about that? Or something else he could prescribe?

SO far no lo's except wailings have teeth and nobody is crawling.. JENDEAN- Keira can get up on her arms but not her legs.. she is the opposite of brooke. Glad to hear that keira isn't the only one who can't sleep more than 1 hour during the day anymore. Keira has only had 1 diaper rash and I just did lots of air drying.. let her lie around naked.. and then when she pees I just rinse off her b___t in the sink with warm water. no rubbing and b__w dry witht he b__w dryer, and lots of desitin.. or triple paste or whatever you use... Keira babbles non stop too- She is very vocal.. no audible mama or dada's though...

Keira chews on her stroller tray too and trys to attack everything with her mouth.. I am sooo sick of putting bibs on her.. her outfits are much cuter with out them!!! and yeah she grabs everything out of my hands, off my plate etc!

ImpatientMommy - January 4

Excited- Josephine was a strict 30-45 minute napper but for the day after her shots (the 28th) she took a nap for 2 hours which I figured was related to the shots. Yesterday, she took an 1 1/2 hour nap! I couldn't believe it, I actually went in there after an hour to make sure she was okay. And then within the past 2 weeks sooooome of her naps will extend to 50 minutes. I don't know if these are signs that she is ready to take longer naps or what but once she wakes up from a nap there is no trying to get her to go back to sleep or anything like that, she's up! She takes 2-3 naps a day. Oh and she also babbles A LOT, I watched a video of Keira on your blog and I couldn't believe how similar they sounded, the noises... everything. It was so funny.

jendean00 - January 4

Brooke chews on everything and loves to grab everything...especially my hair and earrings. Brooke is very vocal too and she will make eye contact and hold it when she is cooing like she is telling me the best story in the world...which she is, too bad I can't understand it but I love it. She has not said mama or dada either sometimes it sounds like she says mama when she is fussy but I think its my wanting her to say it more than anything else.~~Momtbc, my doc suggested the original desitin and to b__wdry her bottom with a hairdryer on low for 2 min...she loved it and it cleared up within a day. (oh I might add her bottom had blisters it was so bad from antibiotics and it still was about a day)

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?