Mcatherine -pg117330360276

5 Replies
luviduvi - March 7

I was wondering how you have no cellulite? I think a lot of it has to do with genetics, lucky girl, and I think another is to keep up on your exercise...motivated lady? What is your secret? I hope you don't mind me asking and I am holding you as MY new role model!!!

mcatherine - March 7

Haha - a role model !! It's 100% genetics. My mother pa__sed away at 57 - with not a bit of cellulite on her anywhere! My sister and I both got her legs - the favorite body part for both of us. I go to the gym almost every day. I have since I gained a ton weight in my 20s and started to work out to lose it. Turned into a way to manage my stress and now it is my favorite part of my day (even though they found out last week I have a bulging disc and have limited me to walking only). I get an entire hour and a half where I don't have to be responsible for any kids or a husband, it doesn't matter how look or what I wear or that mascara may still be underneath my eyes, the music I hear is what I want to hear, the TV screen is on what I want to see (mini tvs on the treadmills) and I don't have to think about anything at all if I don't want to. I just get lost. Then, there is the way my heart pounds in combination with the sweat - it just does something for me, I guess. I feel better when I leave - even if I am sore and all of my anger and frustration just seems to stay at the gym instead of coming home with me. The muscular legs just end up being the added bonus! Sorry there is no secret!

luviduvi - March 7

Good for you for going to the gym! I have a treadmill I got after my first lo and I don't have the motivation to get on. Ugghh! I wish I did. I keep telling myself, "you'll regret it this summer" hahe

mcatherine - March 7

I guess one thing I didn't mention was the fact that my motivation isn't 100% stress relief - nor is it all body image. My parents have both pa__sed. One to lung cancer and one to heart disease. Neither my met my youngest son, my sisters youngest child or my brothers little girl. So part of my motivation is my children, my grandchildren. And while I am able to brag about having no cellulite - I did inheirit bad vision, horrible skin (argh) a family history of diabetes, b___st cancer and heart disease - so the gra__s is always greener - no matter what side you're standing on! Get on that treadmill, luvidivi - summers a comin'... !!!

luviduvi - March 7

The gra__s is always greener is my favorite saying....or that it isn't always greener. I am so sorry to hear that your parents have pa__sed as you are so young. 33 right? Well, I admire you and the reasons why you work out. OUCH! sorry to hear about the disc too.

mcatherine - March 7

"so young"...you're quickly approaching the top of the my list of favorite people!!! Thank you for what you said. I had great parents and always knew how much I was loved. I miss them everyday, but I know they are where they always wanted to be - together. Now, cheese pizza and a cold Heineken await...hehehe!!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?