Nails-pg114679349418

4 Replies
LisaB - May 4

My ds has the sharpest little nail and always ends up scratching his face. I keep them very closely trimmed but at night and at nap time he scratches at his bumper and I swear sharpens them. Besides mittens how do I keep him from scatching?

ChannY - May 5

keep cutting growing nails..oh and i usually put socks on my dd hands when she was a newborn..try putting socks on them..they helped.

amyh - May 5

You shouldn't clip their nails until they are 4-6 weeks old, because it can ruin their nailbeds (firm Switzerland belief- as the doctors, nurses and in-laws informed me). But, what we do...is use the carters sleepers with the sleeves that turn in as mittens. They are WONDERFUL! At first, it was pain getting hte gowns on, but my daughter loves the freedom for her legs and we don't get those nasty scratches all over her face at night anymore.

Shea - May 5

I have the same problem with ds. I found using a nail file helps to make them less sharp and so I don't have to clip as much.

austinsmom - May 5

we clip our babies nails when he is asleep so we have a little less risk of austin jerking his hand or getting hurt.....I am a wuse I make my husband do all the nail clipping cause I am scared to do it..........the first appt at ped when he was newborn he already had nails that could scratch and everyone laughs at me but I actually asked the ped. if they would cut his nails while they were checking him out....lol......of course they said no but hey it did not hurt to ask!!!!!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?