Night Terrors -pg117382316755

2 Replies
eclipse - March 13

My son was pretty sick with a virus last week. Anyway, the last three nights he has gone to bed, been sleeping soundly, then an hour later, is screaming and crying and not really awake. It is terrifying and heart-wrenching. I hold his hand or rock him, but then an hour later it happens again. My husband said it happened to him while he was an infant, and there isn't anything to help make them go away. Will he grow out of them? I have had horrible nightmares my whole life and sleepwalk-did I doom my child? Sigh...anyone been here?

eclipse - March 13

He is almost 4 months old.

bradylove - March 13

Hi eclipse....I totally know what you are going through! I had night terrors as a child and never even really remembered them until my ds woke up with a fever one evening when he was about 15 months and was freaking out over his hands. He kept trying to pull "things" off them and kept shaking them as if to try to get something off them. All the while screaming and crying and looking as though he was awake. But when I really looked into his eyes I noticed he wasn't really awake. Almost like he was still dreaming. So far he's done it with every fever. Anyways, I asked my mom about it and she said I used to do the same thing and probably did until I was 8 or 9. She said sometimes I wouldn't recognize her or my dad and would tell them not to touch me and would sit curled up in a corner of my bed. She said she would just have to wake me up gently or just put me back to bed. But I would eventually get up and do the same. So we could be in this for the long run or hopefully theu will outgrow it sooner. I hate it, it scares the c___p out of me every time....

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?