Please Reply-pg121667675119

2 Replies
red87 - July 21

I've been a little worried about my new baby's sleeping patterns... My baby girl is 5 days old today and all day today and yesterday she has hardly slept! She has been sleeping pretty good at night - sleeping for 3-4 hours then waking to be fed then gone right back to sleep. But during the day she hardly sleeps. It is 6 pm right now and she has only had 1 3 hour nap since 8 this morning! She dozes off every little while but only for about 5-15 minutes and I just got her down again (who knows how long she will actually stay asleep). Its not really bothering me too much but she is getting a little cranky, i think she is tired but she just wont fall asleep and stay asleep. should I be concerned or is this normal?? ?

tish212 - July 21

me dd had a lot of problems with sleeping between gas and restlessness and then throwing her arms around waking her self up it was a battle trying to get her enough sleep so she wasnt' grouchy....what i ended up doing was getting a swaddle blanket from babies r us, since i couldn't swaddle her in a reg blanket worth anything... it has velco so that it stay swaddled around her and keeps her arms tucked down so she wouldn't swing em around in her sleep and wake herself up.... as soon as i would put her in it she would go right to sleep...and when she developed the ability to roll over i paniced that it would cause some kind of accident but she figured out how to roll over in her sleep while swaddled and keep her head sideways and fall back asleep. She also figured out how to get her arms out of it when she woke up and was ready to get out of it...she is now 7 months and only rarely sleeps swaddled (when she doesn't feel good i will swaddle her) and now she ca pull her arms out and take it off when she is awake and ready to play.... but i have NO idea what i woulda done without it.... she also had a LOT of gas as a baby (i b___st fed and we found out she had an allergy to dairy so i had to cut out all dairy and dairy by products from my diet and be sure to burp her evey 1 to 2 mins while eating) and use different positions in holding her to apply pressure to her belly to help her pa__s the gas...I know it sounds like so much but once i got used to it, it just became regular everyday routine and fits into the day perfectly.... you may try the swaddling....our Dr recomended it since your baby is used to being "held pretty close" inside you and coming out to all that room and ability to move around can freak a baby out a bit (it that makes sense) good luck....sorry this was so long hope it helps-keep us posted on how your lil girl does!!

red87 - July 21

Thank you so much, any advice is helpful! I will try the swaddle blanket! It just confuses me because she sleeps amazingly at night, usually 4 hours at a time then right back to sleep after she eats but during the day she has such a hard time staying asleep. Thanks again and I will let you know if it works! And ANY other advice is greatly appreciated!!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?