Potty Training-pg117030780947

3 Replies
jennyr - February 1

I have a dd who just turned 13 months. I know it is too soon but just wondering when i should start thinking of potty training. What age is good for girls?

charmy - February 1

potty training is the same for boy's and girl's ..the best age i think is 2 1/2 or 3 my son is 3yo and is doing really well... but some kid's might take some time

christa0120 - February 1

I had the easiest time potty training my son. I never read a book or anything. I just let him decide when he wanted to do it. He was 3 but I kept a potty chair in the bathroom from about 20 mo on and I let him get used to it. Id put it in front of the TV and he watched while sitting on it (dressed and diapered), then I moved it to the bathroom and he would sit on it while I was on the big potty...I also let him whip it out when we were outside...he thought it was cool peeing on trees etc....that is what finally got him trained...incidently...he doesnt pee in our pool because he can pee on a tree instead...he is now almost 7...lol

sahmof3 - February 1

With my older two I started trying at around 18 months. Neither was ready or understood what was going on, so I just kept trying every few months. My oldest was a month past 3 when he was trained (fully trained... where he would go in, do his business, clean himself and wash his own hands). My dd was 2 1/2 (although I didn't trust her to clean herself, so I did it), BUT she decided she wasn't going to be trained a month later... and we just got it done again a few weeks before she turned 3... this time she was so ready then that she just did it and we've had no problems, except for when she has diarrhea. My youngest is now 18 months and I'm going to introduce the potty and see what happens.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?