Question -pg115133354918

4 Replies
Marlene - June 26

Malachi is 4 months today and has been showing little signs that he is starting to teethe for a couple of weeks now. But about a week ago he started to have diarhea and almost every pamper I change is like that. Now my mother says he is cutting a tooth since he is getting diarhea but its been a week and no tooth. I'm not trying to rush the whole getting a tooth I just feel bad for my baby b/c he little butt is red from pooping so much. As this happened to any one else for could he have diarhea from something else? I'm a first time mom so this is my first time going through this and any advice is welcome. Thanks in advance

pbj - June 26

Hi Marlene! Yes, they can get diarrhea from teething, but I don't know about every diaper for a week. Some peds refuse to admit that they can get diarrhea, have a temp or are sleepless because of teething for the simple fact that we can possibly miss a possible infection. If it were me, just to be on the safe side, I would call the peds office maybe to just ask the nurse. He/she may say "no big deal", but diarrhea can mean dehydration, especially since it's been a week. More than likely it is no big deal, but I would just check. BTW, Mattea has been cutting her bottom and top teeth for two weeks, I can see them but they're still not through the gum, so it does take a while sometimes. Good luck

Narcissus - June 26

teething & diarrhea go together like PB&J, at least in my house. My son also salivates a lot when he is cutting teeth and that can looses stools and make them more watery. the extra saliva also makes him cough a lot during his sleep. it can take weeks before you can see/feel any sign of the actual tooth.

Narcissus - June 26

& like pbj said, call the doc/do internet research for the correct course to take to avoid dehydration. it can spiral out of control faster than you may realize.

Marlene - June 26

Thanks pbj& narcissus!! I will call his ped now. His stool is very watery and it is down to about every other diaper but I rather be safe then sorry. Thanks again!!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?