Sleeping -pg121683504125

4 Replies
amanda17 - July 23

How often should a 2 month old be sleeping? I feel like she's hardly ever awake and my mom was telling me she was sleeping too much. She basically sleeps for three hours, wakes up to eat then passes out again. I'm trying to stimulate her and keep her awake so she gets a good amount of tummy time, but she just falls straight asleep no matter what I do. Should I just let her sleep?

Crystal83 - July 23

If she is pretty lively when she is awake and not looking sleepy, then I wouldn't worry about it. If she is falling asleep like that, then she must need the sleep. My lo slept a lot until she was about 3 months old and then she started staying awake longer. Now at 11 mos I fight to get her to go to sleep everyday, lol! So enjoy it while it lasts :)

clindholm - July 23

Wow, my lo didn't sleep til she was 6 months. I want one of those sleepy babies next time!

amanda17 - July 23

Haha. Yes I know I'll be wondering why I was so eager to get her awake later, but I'm a first time mom so I'm excited to play with her and stuff :)

Malica - July 24

My daughter did that. Woke up to be fed then was back asleep right afterwards. It was around the 2 month mark that suddenly she woke up one day and was suddenly more alert. Doesn't sound like anything to worry about to me... I'm sure within the next few weeks she'll do the same. (And then in a few more months you'll be wishing she sleeps more!) :)

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?