Sleeping Question-pg117258675387

2 Replies
lilaggie2002 - February 27

Okay Ladies, my ds is 5 wks old and we are starting to notice a trend in his sleeping habits and I need some help. My ds wakes every 3-4hrs to eat, however, after his 1am feeding my son whines and cries for about 3 hrs...in addition, he spits up alot of what he eats. Usually when he cries around this time we just pick him up and put him in bed with us until his next feeding. Any ideas as to why this maybe happening...I am clueless!

lin7604 - February 27

probally reflux. my ds started to do the same at 4 weeks, so he slept up right in his car seat for a few weeks until it pa__sed. A lot of children go through a phase of reflex, some not being serious, their esophagas just needs to mature. SOme really develop it ad it gets worse. MY ped said at that point that most outgrow it by 3 months, so do whatyou need to to make them comfy at night so you and then can sleep! My ds only needed to be up right for 3-4 weeks, by his 2 month b-day he was sleeping back inhis crib. NOt to say that he still does have some nights that it seems to bother him and others that are really good, with wakings for food only.

Linda99 - March 2

lilaggie, my ds suffers from reflux and from everything I've read it's important to keep them upright for about 30 minutes after feeding. I also found that the wedge sleep positioner worked for him. Or you can try elevating one side of his crib by putting a blanket under the mattres. You don't need to elevate it much on an inch or so. also when you're feeding him keep him in an upright position. These tips worked wonders for me at exactly the same time period as your ds. Unfortunately his reflux had gotten worse as the months have pa__sed, he's 18 weeks today, and now he takes medication. Hopefully he'll grow out of it soon!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?