Teething Question-pg120577002459

2 Replies
alisonelecia - March 17

I'm not sure where to turn to with this question. So our pediatrician told us at our 6 month check-up last week that our dd could be given teething biscuits. I went to the grocery store and could only find some organic brand. I got the maple ones that were soy, wheat and dairy free. My questions are: are these the only brand? Does Gerber or anyone else cheaper make these? How often does she get them? Will she eat the whole thing? I let her have one yesterday and I sat there and watched her like a hawk as she chewed on it. She got bored of it after about 10-15 minutes and threw it off to the side. I think she's teething and I just want something to make her feel better. Have any of you used these? And can you offer any advice? thank you!

Zeke - March 17

Gerber makes something called a biter biscuit. I didn't use them very much because dd made the biggest messes with them, but she did seem to like them - just basically gummed it, until the cracker dissolved in her mouth. Another thing we did was give her refrigerator cold carrot sticks while her first 4 teeth were coming in. I just watched her and made sure she didn't bite any pieces off so she didn't choke. But she liked the hard and cold feeling on her sore gums.

mjvdec01 - March 17

My pediatrician recommended pet_te frozen sweet peas. My daughter loved them and as they knaw on them they get mushy and they just swallow it. They are great because they are little and round and go down easy. At first I was afraid she would choke, but it never happened. She would eat them by the fist full... worked for us. We would also give her Tylenol when it got bad, specifically at naptime and bedtime.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?