Thrush-pg114910595618

8 Replies
Tina-Baby Eva - May 31

Hi all, my dd is 21 weeks and has thrush, the thing is I can't understand how. I feel like an unclean mum because I've read its due to poor hygiene, but I steralise all her bottles and dummies and clean her favourite toys regularly. Has anybody elses baby got this? worried mum x

Tina-Baby Eva - May 31

I should add to the above, my dd has oral thrush.

Bonnie - May 31

It's very common. A lot of times it comes from birth. Mason had a horrid case of it and we were very careful too. Don;t be worried, it's not your fault. :)

Rabbits07 - May 31

Two of my children had it when they were babies...do they still give them that horrid purple medicine that stains everything? I remember reading somewhere on the web yesterday about thrush and it said to rinse their stuff in a vinegar/water solution while they have it and for 10 days after to prevent reinfection.

krnj - May 31

Hi what is thrush? I've never heard of it.

Rabbits07 - May 31

It's an overgrowth of yeast that occurs in the mouth and throat.

joeysmom - May 31

My son had it at three months, but I think it was because I was on an Antibiotic b/c I had a tooth infection and needed a root ca___l. It can be from anything. It does not mean you are unclean. Where you or was he on any medicine? Cause I know that's one main thing that causes it.

joeysmom - May 31

Sorrry, I was referring to your daughter as a he. I am just used to my son. Sorry about that.

HannahBaby - May 31

My daughter had thrush for 2 months. The medicine WOULD NOT WORK!! i stopped giving it to her because it gave her awful tummy aches and it went away eventually.....Then she got a string of yeast infection diaper rashes (same as thrush but on her a__s) My dr said some babies are just more prone to it. I did everything right as well (sterilizing, changing dirty/wet diapers immediatly) Its just something that happens. Dont worry

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?