Thrush -pg113832394318

5 Replies
michele - January 26

is a constant smooth white coating on the tongue thrush? could it be milk that doesn't go away? it's nowhere else and isn't bumpy. thanks.

Me - January 26

If the white coating scratches off and it looks red underneath, it could be thrush. Oral thrush is really uncomfortable though, so if your baby has it, they will probably be having difficulty feeding.

Jbear - January 26

Actually, oral thrush is painless...my daughter has had a few patches that won't clear up since she was 2 weeks old, not even with prescription meds, and the thrush does not bother her at all.

Must.... - January 26

depend how bad it is then, because my friend's baby had oral thrush, and she had to cup feed him until it cleared up, because it was too painful otherwise. Just talking from my own experience. It can be painful!

Beth - January 27

i would have a doctor look at it. my son had it once and was put on meds. It was painful for him... I noticed he was not eating well with it

Mommy - January 27

I thought Zane had it once but it ended up being coated formula. It was weird, because it would scratch off and be normal underneath so by Dr. orders I started using a clean baby rag to wipe his mouth out after feeding and it went away in about a week or 2.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?